Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D1353L
    • Aug 2011

Blue Point Microscan Pro

Hey fellow mechanics. Looking for some help or advice. I have the Microscan Pro and went to hook it to shop stream connect and the PC said I needed to install the driver for it. Said to install the cd or search for it. I didn't get any cd. Also can't find any information about installing a driver on my PC for the Microscan to connect to S.S.C. Anyway if somebody has info. on or has encountered this problem I would appreciate any and all help

Also. When I try to set my settings for the Microscan Pro, for instance temperature, I choose fahrenheit but it says to go to main menu to set. Couldn't figure that out as well
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
    Albert Einstein
  • MasterWrench
    • Oct 2006

Here is a link to a pdf of the user manual

There is a section in it for connecting to SSC....
    MasterWrench

Comment

• D1353L
      • Aug 2011

I have the instruction manual already and it doesn't discuss anything about installing a driver. It also doesn't discuss how to set up temperature preferences. I was hoping somebody had more specific advise because the manual isn't clear on most of the procedures.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

• MasterWrench
        • Oct 2006

Do you have Shop Stream application running when you try to hook it to your pc? If you do I would uninstall and download and re install Shop Stream. Not having a Microscan myself I would say that in the settings there should be a tool set up for the temperature and other choices for pressure etc.

I have searched online and cannot find a driver for it anywhere so I am assuming it should be with the Shop Stream Software. Also in the Shop Stream Connect manual there are instructions for connecting to a pc as well

To establish communication with your MICROSCAN unit:
        1. Connect the A end of the Type A/B USB cable to a USB port on the PC.
        2. Connect the B end of the USB cable to the port on top of the MICROSCAN unit.
        The MICROSCAN automatically powers up when the USB cable is connected and
        displays the service menu.
        3. Highlight Connect to PC on the MICROSCAN service menu (Figure 2-14).
        Figure 2-14 Sample connect to PC screen
        4. Press Y on the MICROSCAN to make the selection.
        The MICROSCAN screen changes to indicate it is now connected to the PC.
        5. Double click the ShopStream Connect desktop icon on the PC to launch the program.
        6. ShopStream Connect should default to display the data stored on your MICROSCAN
        scan tool. If not, click the MICROSCAN icon at the end of the file directory list.

HTH
        MasterWrench

Comment

• D1353L
          • Aug 2011

Hey thanks. I got one problem solved. Went to frequently asked questions and followed their instructions. Established connection and checked for updates but their wasn't any. I was hoping to update and that it would fix my problems with the settings so I can configure the settings to fahrenheit, etc. I go to main menu, settings, units, and temperature and speed distance I try to set. But it says "Go to main menu to save the settings. Press Y or No to continue". That is irritating because I went to the main menu to get to the settings choice. Doesn't make sense. Please help so I don't have to use the Euro system
          Last edited by D1353L; 02-04-2012, 03:15 PM.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

• woefman
            • Jan 2012

Sorry to Hi Jack thread...........

Anyone have first hand knowledge if this little GEM (bluepoint micro scan) can Clear Airbag Lights on European Cars ?

Comment

• Steve6911
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by woefman
              Sorry to Hi Jack thread...........

Anyone have first hand knowledge if this little GEM (bluepoint micro scan)
              can Clear Airbag Lights on European Cars ?
              Here is all the info on it...http://www1.snapon.com/diagnostics/us/MICROSCAN

But to answer your question....No

Steve

Comment

Working...