Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Modis500
    • Sep 2012

Chrysler APP dropout?

So had a Chrysler T&C Come in the other day with a poor acceleration complaint...2008 with a 3.8 V6, and here's what the APP1 and APP2 Data shows. Am I reading this right, or has anyone else seen data dip out? No codes for APP performance or Circuit, and haven't had many APP problems to diagnose in my area. Test drive produced OK results to me, but Soccer Mom says otherwise...
    Attached Files
    "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
    Zig Ziglar
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

A friend of mine has a 2008 Dodge Ram truck. apparently there was a recall for APP sensors.

Suggest you check for TSB's or recalls.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

I've seen different APP and throttle position sensors do this. I think it's just the ECM doing a rationality check on the circuit. I don't have the repair information or Component Tests in front of me right now but you should record a long enough scope shot to see if the pattern is repeating itself.
      Last edited by greasybob; 01-30-2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

Oh, I'm sorry, i thought this was a scope shot. I see this is from the scanner. Disregard the previous. But maybe it would be a good idea to check it with the scope to make sure. I would.

Comment

• No-Start
          • Oct 2006

The dropouts on APP2 volts is normal. Don't waste your time checking it. It's not a scanner issue either, it's designed that way.

If it were a real issue and the cause of your performance problem, it would code for it.

No-Start.

Comment

• Modis500
            • Sep 2012

Thanks for the help chief
            "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
            Zig Ziglar

Comment

Working...