X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mac73
    • Apr 2008

Solus Problem

Hi Guys,

I have a solus and was trying to connect to a car, and instead of connecting got an error code 404(0X194) [#4] (StartCom - DATA DISPLAY.

Has anyone seen this before and if so what does it mean.

Thanks
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

You will need to contact tech support to find out what that message means. In the future when posting please give as much info as possible about the vehicle you are working on, Year, Make, Model, Engine, Vin would all be VERY helpful.

Thanks!
    Steve

Comment

• mac73
      • Apr 2008

Sorry, the car was a Holden VY Commodore 2002 V6 3.8litre haven't got the vin with me. I was trying to look at the data display. Snap On Australia I have contacted but to no avail, they do not know what the code is.
      Last edited by mac73; 03-30-2010, 03:03 AM. Reason: Just added mor information

Comment

• Jay G.
        Administrator
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by mac73
        Sorry, the car was a Holden VY Commodore 2002 V6 3.8litre haven't got the vin with me. I was trying to look at the data display. Snap On Australia I have contacted but to no avail, they do not know what the code is.
        Hi Jeff,
        I contacted the guys in Australia and they said to give the call center another try.
        Here is the information: Snap-on Diagnostic Hotline: (02) 9837 9130.
        Operating hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm AEST.
        Customer will need to quote a PIN number.
        PIN numbers are available from their Snap-on Franchisee at no charge.

(Customers without PIN’s can call and the Hotline staff can assist in organising PIN’s.)

Jay could you post these details to this customer please and direct any further Australian queries to the Hotline.

Regards
        Jay

Comment

• mac73
          • Apr 2008

Thanks for looking in to that Jay. I will get into contact with them this week.

Comment

• ADKunlimited
            • Jun 2013

I hate to bring up such a old thread but i am having the same error every time i hook up to anything. I've searched the Internet and find very little on this issue. Upgrading is not a option right now. I talked to the dealer and he believes its a bad data cable. Can anybody confirm this or know what it is? Thanks

Comment

• ADKunlimited
              • Jun 2013

I will post my results from the hot line to hopefully help somebody if they come across this. He had me take the card out and put it into my card reader on the computer. I opened it up and double clicked on cold boot. The windows command prompt will flash really quick then its done. Safely remove the cf card and put it back into the solus. Turned it back on(it will go to a boot screen and start loading) and it still failed to fix itself. He said the cf card is at fault and not the hardware. He said to just mail it in and it can be fixed. If anyone needs further help on doing this just let me know. Once it failed to load it just rebooted its self and everything was like before so it won't kill your scanner if you try this.

Scanner: Solus bundle 9.4.

In closing i wish more post would end like this one with the end result. I think it would help the community out more.

Tags; error 404, StartCom, EOBD, Data Display, Snap on Solus.

Comment

Working...