Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • underpressure
    • Apr 2013

ssc says browser is in compatibility mode

downloaded ssc and when it opens it says i will not be able to login because my browser appears to be in compatibility mode i have checked what i can and its not running in compatibility mode ,any help would be appreciated ,have installed on 2 different computers with the same result,also snap on support said they have never heard of this before

windows 7 64 bit os
  • Rich Shepherd
    Snap-on D&I
    • Nov 2006

Can you post a screen capture of the message you are seeing?
    Right click on the shortcut for SSC and check Properties > Compatibility.
    Is the setting to run the program in compatibility mode checked or unchecked?.

Comment

• brad_m
      • Dec 2012

what browser are you using?
      I have IE and Firefox installed.

I can't get SSC to work on anything but my laptop with Win7 64.

I've found that no mater what problem you have when you call about SSC the standard response is "never heard of that before".

With all the resources SO have, I really can understand why they can't build a stable version of SSC.

Comment

• greggbruceauto
        • Mar 2011

same here -- and compatibility mode is NOT checked in the properties screen...

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

You can download two different versions of SSC. Make sure you select the correct version for your computer. The 64-bit operating system or the (X86) for the 32-bit operating system.
          Also make sure you completely remove any previous version you may have downloaded. They may not overwrite the files correctly if you just download and install over what was already there.
          BEFORE you remove the program, make sure you BACK-UP all your "User" files that you created. It's a good idea to back them up anyway. Kingston 8-gb, 16-gb, 32-gb usb-sticks work for me.
          HTH

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
            Snap-on D&I
            • Nov 2006

The cause of the compatibility view mode message has been investigated and is being addressed. An SSC version that handles that should be available in about 2 weeks. Until then, you can access SureTrack using your browser.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
              Snap-on D&I
              • Nov 2006

A version of SSC that addresses the compatibility view message on the SureTrack tab is now available for download in the US.
              The version number is 9.2.0.20

Comment

Working...