Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mad dog
    • Oct 2011

transit

Can anyone advise me about coding a Bosch vp30 ford transit pump with a solus scanner!!! can it be done. cheers
    transit is a 2.0 tdi 75ps 52 reg
  • annabel
    • Nov 2011

transit fuel pump coding

im told by our snap on rep that its not possible to code on solus - i have kts bosch and the special attachment to code them ( you dont always have to code them sometimes there just a pig to start defintely technique) where did u get pump from?

Comment

• Foden
      • Mar 2011

as far as im aware (and have tried this out) it depends on the security access as to whether the pump will code or not
      i tried this with a transit 52 reg and it wouldnt do it with my solus pro but this was because it was coded access (the pats system ?)
      if its timed access then it will do it , you need to plug it in to try it
      i did fix a focus tddi that had a second hand pump fitted to it with the same pump replacement procedure in the solus pro software 11.2
      so i think without proper investigation as to the pats system on the vehicle it will be trial and error , nothing lost apart from a little time to try it but im sure that some are deffo able to be done(had even spoke to SO technical and they said that it depended on pats access )
      hope this is of some help

Comment

• joeroo
        • Mar 2015

Reply To you Solus Query

Hello there Guys

I Know this is an Old Thread now at this stage -However Better late than never (I hope)

I too have a similar issue here and was reading your post and wondering what code your Snap On Solus Pro was spitting out when You were trying/failing to code this pump on your transit?

I am trying to code my 2nd hand pump rite now and the Solus Pro Scanner I am using (borrowed from a Tech Friend with software version 13.2) commences coding procedure for about 11 mins then stops saying unsuccessful, I tried it numerous times with same result. The fault codes present is "P1608 ECM Internal Malfunction" & P0216 "Injector injection timing control circuit"- However on my other basic Scanner the same Code Translates into "watchdog signal lost" I know wiring and everything outside of the pump is all normal because once I plug back in old pump watchdog signal code goes away and I am back at square one with my original fault p1664 injection pump control module malfunction" which is the reason for replacing the pump.

I have loosely plugged in 2 other know good pumps to the harness just to confirm its not a faulty 2nd hand pump and all 3 pumps display the same codes "P1608 watch dog signal Lost" & "P0216 Injector Injection timing control circuit" - Very Different codes to My original Faulty Pump.

I am wondering are these actual codes being displayed because of the coding failure ? and once coded correctly they should go away?

just to be clear too - the pump replacement pump is one number different on the part number allthough they are both VP30s My original Faulty pump is Bosch 0470004004 and my Donor Pump is 0470004009 - the breaker yard reckons this wont cause any problem..

So at this point I am thinking My solus pro snap on scanner just wont do the job of coding just like the Poster of this Thread experienced or perhaps it will but only on a pump with IDENTICAL part number?

if I knew your codes from your experience and if they the same as mine then perhaps that would confirm for me its my Scanner that wont code and these are indeed coding fault codes? with the donor pump?

Thanks in advance for any help or light one might be able to give me

Joe

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

wiring issues more than likely

Comment

Working...