Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kirkbarrow.garage
    • Jan 2015

Solus/Shopstream Connect

Hi all, just got a/nother Solus, repaired it and replaced case with an intact one, and wanted to put it into ' connect to pc ' mode so I could check for a firmware update.
    Scrolled down to Tools, went right, then down again and selected ' connect to pc ' and it said it would shut down, and on repowering up, it would be in ' connect to pc ' mode.
    Except it comes back normally.
    Anyone come across this before please ?
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Hi all, just got a/nother Solus, repaired it and replaced case with an intact one, and wanted to put it into ' connect to pc ' mode so I could check for a firmware update.
    Scrolled down to Tools, went right, then down again and selected ' connect to pc ' and it said it would shut down, and on repowering up, it would be in ' connect to pc ' mode.
    Except it comes back normally.
    Anyone come across this before please ?
    Glad to hear, you created a good working Solus. I think the older Solus you could save the recordings to a CF card placed in the second slot and put the card in the PC card reader slot or use a USB card reader and then connect and save recordings to the SSC program.
    Last edited by Witsend; 07-26-2017, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
      Glad to hear, you created a good working Solus. I think the older Solus you could save the recordings to a CF card placed in the second slot and put the card in the PC card reader slot or use a USB card reader and then connect and save recordings to the SSC program.
      Totally true and correct.
      However, if you connect to a pc, you look at ' tools ' on the header bar, click on it and you can either update SSC or update the diagnostic tools firmware, provided it needs one.
      If it is uptodate, the system lets you know.
      This is what I had hoped to find out or achieve.
      But so far, no luck.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Totally true and correct.
        However, if you connect to a pc, you look at ' tools ' on the header bar, click on it and you can either update SSC or update the diagnostic tools firmware, provided it needs one.
        If it is uptodate, the system lets you know.
        This is what I had hoped to find out or achieve.
        But so far, no luck.
        Be thankful At this stage where a platform is no longer supported by updates or parts support , the last thing you would want to do to a working unit is update the firmware and end up bricking it.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
          Be thankful At this stage where a platform is no longer supported by updates or parts support , the last thing you would want to do to a working unit is update the firmware and end up bricking it.
          Hi Witsend, I would again agree 100% with you, however I have already updated the firmware on two other solus ( solii ? ) and had a 100% success rate with them so I would expect the same with this as they are all ( or should be ) running the same firmware prior to the final one available to us.
          Least I think that's gonna be the final firmware update ( Microsoft did cave in for XP though )

Comment

Working...