Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuzzTowsley
    • Dec 2017

Wiring pictures

Hi Everyone, I have 2 Solus scanners that I am working on. One has a 2006 date on the motherboard and is running 6.2 software. The other one has a 2004 motherboard and is running 10.2 software. The 2006 one powers on intermittently, not every time you try to power it up. The 2004 one powers up every time but has a communication issue. Looking at the two different motherboards I see one distinct difference in the two and I am going to insert a few pictures to show the difference. The 2004 board which is the older board was repaired in 2005 by a tag that is on the exterior of the case(picture). The 2004 motherboard has a wire that has been added to it. My question is, does anybody know why this was added and what function it has?Any help in this mater would be very much appreciated.
    Attached Files
  • kirkbarrow.garage
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by BuzzTowsley
    Hi Everyone, I have 2 Solus scanners that I am working on. One has a 2006 date on the motherboard and is running 6.2 software. The other one has a 2004 motherboard and is running 10.2 software. The 2006 one powers on intermittently, not every time you try to power it up. The 2004 one powers up every time but has a communication issue. Looking at the two different motherboards I see one distinct difference in the two and I am going to insert a few pictures to show the difference. The 2004 board which is the older board was repaired in 2005 by a tag that is on the exterior of the case(picture). The 2004 motherboard has a wire that has been added to it. My question is, does anybody know why this was added and what function it has?Any help in this matter would be very much appreciated.
    Hi Buzz, if I had or could see a complete circuit diagram ( but Snap On " don't " share ) it would be very simple for me to figure this wire and what it does, ( would also assist me in figuring my problem with one too )

Comment

Working...