Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frmanuel83
    • Mar 2016

Verus 4 questions plz help!!!

Hello everyone! I buy a verus scanner 14.4 firmware is used naturally ... Now I want to inform well before making a purchase or increase the ram memory and a disk change disk to a SSD !! but I 'm in good order
    1- how can I reinstall the Windows XP brings many PROGRAMS garbage and is very slow ...Any recommendation??
    2- in snap on web find packages to update the scanner but you get a code to download ???? Or use shopstrem
    3- to make the switch to SSD 've seen people make the process cloning the HDD to SSD after finish went is turned on the scanner asks for an authorization code!! Is true or fake???
    4-I have sent several emails to technical support on these questions but no answers are on vacation !!!!
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

I can help with question#4.
    Tech Support is not going to help you modify your Verus. If you do this, you are on your own. If you break it and send it in for repair, it will come back in stock format. Not modified.
    I think someone should have returned your email though. What method did you use to contact Tech Support? I normally call them. Hold times are just a minute or two.
    Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• frmanuel83
      • Mar 2016

Thanks

thanks joe ! I think it would be best to call directly ! Well now try to use a restore point in windos restoration options to see how it was ! and I remain worse jajajajaj I return to the original point of restoration and stay as this !! anyway ! I'm thinking of installing a ram 2g and see what happens ! you use the verus ? and this stock ?

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

Did you know you can do total restoration using the Verus software? I use it all the time to fix troubled scanners. When the scanner first turns on a brief message appears on screen telling you how to do it. If you have an original Verus or Wireless Verus you'll need a USB keyboard. Verus Pro you just hit the Up Arrow to do it.

Joe
        Henry Ford

Comment

• frmanuel83
          • Mar 2016

yes yes I have seen that right !! as I do that you can tell me !!! I would appreciate!!

Comment

• Joe Rappa
            Snap-on DSD
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by frmanuel83
            yes yes I have seen that right !! as I do that you can tell me !!! I would appreciate!!
            Just follow the directions on screen. It will take an hour or so to complete, but it's easy to do. Sometimes you have to restore the S Button popup, or recalibrate the touch screen, but that's it.

If you have any trouble, call Tech Support at 800-332-2526.
            They will walk you through it.

Joe
            Henry Ford

Comment

• frmanuel83
              • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
              Just follow the directions on screen. It will take an hour or so to complete, but it's easy to do. Sometimes you have to restore the S Button popup, or recalibrate the touch screen, but that's it.

If you have any trouble, call Tech Support at 800-332-2526.
              They will walk you through it.

Joe
              when you perform the process will not request any code or something like that ?! I just wonder if doubts

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                Snap-on DSD
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by frmanuel83
                when you perform the process will not request any code or something like that ?! I just wonder if doubts
                No code required.
                Henry Ford

Comment

• frmanuel83
                  • Mar 2016

Ok joe thanks !!!if I have any questions you can help me?

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                    Snap-on DSD
                    • Aug 2007

I'll do my best.
                    Joe
                    Henry Ford

Comment

• frmanuel83
                      • Mar 2016

Upgrade SSD

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
                      I'll do my best.
                      Joe
                      hello friend how have you been !! since the last time I restored my computer to working well, it turns out that I want to change the old HDD of Verus for an SSD type that you think about this. it will be that I can spoil my scanner !!

Comment

Working...