Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MasterWrench
    • Oct 2006

No pending codes???

There is not a way to pull pending codes on a Toyota Echo vin #JTDBT1233Y0056913. I have one code and in the data list it says there is a pending code but no way to see the pending code. I even tried the legacy software as well. Used to be able to do it only in generic obdII but that is no longer on asian scanner......
    MasterWrench
  • MasterWrench
    • Oct 2006

No response? Figured someone my havew had something to say by now.....
    MasterWrench

Comment

• Nick
      • Oct 2006

I have run into this before. The only way I got the pending code was witth a factory scan tool. Have you tried global obd 2, mode 6. codes set during last drive cycle?
      Mechanic-Instructor-Mobile Trouble Shooter

Autotechdiagnostics.com

Comment

• MasterWrench
        • Oct 2006

Did not try that.....just the generic obdII in the legacy software....car is gone now but if I run ionto it again, I'll definitrly give it a shot....Thanks!
        MasterWrench

Comment

• Nick
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by MasterWrench
          Did not try that.....just the generic obdII in the legacy software....car is gone now but if I run ionto it again, I'll definitrly give it a shot....Thanks!
          Works for me everytime. Keep us posted on how it turns out.
          Mechanic-Instructor-Mobile Trouble Shooter

Autotechdiagnostics.com

Comment

• Coyote
            • Apr 2007

Pending codes.

There are actually three places to get pending codes. If you select Asian legacy you will find Generic at the bottom of the list. I like this one because you have some mode6 and some mode9 information as well. The best place however is in Global EOB. As you probably know, the Snapon platform offers all ten testing modes. 1-9 and 9B. While you are there check out mode8, test 01. For the carlines that support it you can seal the evap system for testing.

If you are on a Ford try mode6, test $53. This misfire information could heal your life on a 5.4 with no codes and misfires.

Best wishes,
            Coyote

Comment

• MasterWrench
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Coyote
              There are actually three places to get pending codes. If you select Asian legacy you will find Generic at the bottom of the list. I like this one because you have some mode6 and some mode9 information as well. The best place however is in Global EOB. As you probably know, the Snapon platform offers all ten testing modes. 1-9 and 9B. While you are there check out mode8, test 01. For the carlines that support it you can seal the evap system for testing.

If you are on a Ford try mode6, test $53. This misfire information could heal your life on a 5.4 with no codes and misfires.

Best wishes,
              Coyote
              Tried ll of that but no codes were available in any mode.......

mode 6 data should be deciphered and available on future MODIS updates....just a suggestion
              MasterWrench

Comment

Working...