X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thusi4444
    • Oct 2014

Can I upgrade my Zafira CIM unit with Ethos 10.2

Hi Guys,
    I have got a 2005 Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 petrol.
    codes are - p1616 and 1614
    according to Zafira forum CIM unit need updating.
    Can i do this with my Ethos 10.2 version rather than going to dealer?

Anyone can help me with this please.
    Thank you
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I don't know if a Ethos has any ability to reset a maintainance light

let alone update any sort of module programming. I dont think you can enter any sort of coding or do any sort of Bi Directional control testing with an Ethos. If you sell the 5 year old Ethos and get $300 and come up with what you would have wasted to update it to find out that it's not going to do anything you want but pull and clear codes and view some data you want to view . You be better off finding a used Maxi 708 that just expired on updates for like $750 or get a new one for $1250. For an Obscure Euro Brands of cars in the USA I don't think Snap On has any coverage for them in the software for us here in the USA, but in the UK it might be awesome for Vauxhall , Never seen a Witworth Volkswagon on my shore yet.

Comment

• thusi4444
      • Oct 2014

ok Thank you

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Your Welcome, and thank you too I had to Google Vaux hall and found a picture of a classic one I like a lot . I can tell where the 65 Chevrolet Chevelle and Toyota Corona took their styling cues.

Here is a link for Snap On Coverage of vehicles on your side of the pond if you want to update your Ethos or buy a Snap On Scanner that can do Bi Directional things. No matter what you buy as a scan tool, a lot of module programming cannot be done by a scanner and requires a pass through device and OE maker paid subscription to do any module reprogramming.

Last edited by Witsend; 10-25-2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• antthecat
          • Apr 2014

Hi, as said your ethos cant do much to the CIM unit as it does very limited bi directional tests.

Solus Pro upwards on 13.2 (uk) can program a new (or reset) CIM to a Zafira and I have used my verdict to program the odd one.

The CIM are not flash update capable to my knowledge. If it is Snappy cant do that, that's a tech2 job. Don't believe the universal j2534 pass thru on gme infotech would work as its a euro 4 spec vehicle so security data could be unavailable.

Word of warning though, the CIM is part of a complicated network which all need to handshake one another to allow starting/running, door control modules, UEC, REC, ECM ect... have to be programmed accordingly to not immobilise your car. Even tech 2 (what the dealers use) can have problems, tech 2 is a nightmare as all the programming is done in the background so any issues which are causing the problem cant be seen. VauxCom is a better tool as programming has to be done manually.

Not a job for the inexperienced, I've done quite a few and they still give me the willies.

Comment

• scottmechanics
            • Jun 2013

Vauxhall

Hello
            I can see this is late help
            If you look on eBay for OP-COM
            It s like Vauxhall tec 2 on cd very good software
            Thanks from Scott

Comment

Working...