Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maven
    • Mar 2014

Little rant....

Heres yet another worthless fix..... http://askatech.com/AskATechLive/Das...Selection=true

Truck had a P0170 apparently. This is a code I have no memory of seeing on a single GM core product in 15 years. And is not a code that this truck should set, and there is no GM service information for it.

No, interaction past the first post, no diagnosis, just replace. No information at all.

I would have been very interested to know what tool was used to get this code, what the full description was(since the generic code descriptor is just fuel trim malfunction), or even why he decided to replace the MAF .

This tool is only as good is its information. GIGO.

/rant.

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by David Green
      Thanks Joe, I am including an attachment for you to read, its the current flowing through the fuses I am asking about.
      Hey David
      Thanks for the J-CASE fuse charts.

liljoe is correct about the amount of current though.

Take a look at your information system and see if you can find a Volkswagon or an Audi TSB bulletin regarding measuring drains. (battery draw)
      Different fuse TYPES have different voltage drop characteristics, (mini-ATO, ATO, J-Case)

Volts, Ohms and Amps don't care where the vehicle was made or the engineering within them....They all work on the same fundamentals. For this kind of millivolt testing you need a very accurate meter and the $20.00 (or 12-pound) ones just aren't good enough.

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by maven
        Little rant....

Heres yet another worthless fix..... http://askatech.com/AskATechLive/Das...Selection=true

Truck had a P0170 apparently. This is a code I have no memory of seeing on a single GM core product in 15 years. And is not a code that this truck should set, and there is no GM service information for it.

No, interaction past the first post, no diagnosis, just replace. No information at all.

I would have been very interested to know what tool was used to get this code, what the full description was(since the generic code descriptor is just fuel trim malfunction), or even why he decided to replace the MAF .

This tool is only as good is its information. GIGO.

/rant.
        Hey Maven;
        I won't take it as a "rant" but rather a professional TECH who is doing whatever he can to make our trade, and our equipment as good as it can be, and better than what the status quo is-!!!

That "fix" really isn't going to do much good for anyone trying to PROPERLY diagnoses a vehicle.

It might add another "component" replaced to the statistics but I agree with you, it is pretty useless.

I know it would take manpower but these "fixes" need a little more screening, accuracy and professionalism in them.

Comment

• wagzilla
          • Oct 2014

I work on Ambulances High parasitic draw can come from simple stuff, I pull 3 amps to 4 amps with all the junk I have pluged in, If it was only ma I would be so happy!!! Yes I have shore line chargers and 4 batteries RC 120,

Any way it would be nice to know what the parasitic draw is for each veh.

James

Comment

Working...