Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Green
    • Oct 2009

Immobilizer programming

On the Snap On scanner (Solus Pro) Carbon Fibre edition I was looking at the software availability to code in keys, the ability is there to do it, but what does the software mean when it asks is the immobilizer (separated) or not?

I always thought the transponder was around the ignition barrel with the chip in the key and then talks to the ECM?

Please advise if you can what it means when it says separated or not with regards to the immobilizer.

Thanks
  • markt
    • Apr 2011

i would have thought( and seen this on v.w range) that the immo box would be a seperate unit to the engine ecu/instrument cluster etc etc. but it was a really early version of immo fitted.

which make of vehicle are you looking at?

Comment

• David Green
      • Oct 2009

Thanks for replying Mark, it's a 1997 1.9TDI Audi Avant. Apparently the key broke in the door lock the other day and the transponder has been lost, the car pass is available and a new key and transponder is on the way early next week.

The scanner seems to have the software to do the program, so hopefully once I understand which immobilizer the software is referring to I can then program the new key.

Comment

Working...