Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tech 60
    • Apr 2015

Ethos Plus

I don't know if this is the right place for this but here goes. I have purchased an Ethos Plus system with an OBD1 adapter kit from my dealer. The adapter set is Part number EAK0288B04B. I needed to have it to work on my wife's 1994 Honda Accord Wagon. I have found the OBD1 connector in the car. The problem is the adapter kit doesn't have the 8 pin connector that I need. My Ethos says to use a HON1 adapter which is not here. My dealer says it is there but on the Multi 2 adapter but there is not one there. Can anyone help with this?
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Didn't the kit have a packing list that you could double check the contents to verify the packd contents are all there? OBD1 is getting pretty long in tooth and far between now. Probably spent as much on a new freakin OBD1 adapter kit as a typical rusty old 94 Accord wagon costs here in the mid west.
    Here is a link to what the dusty old direct fit adapter used to look like. Maybe they got cheap now and you have to do a pin out of the DLC and shove the separate spaded wires into the correct terminals of the DLC using a multi wired adapter now to do it, Are you sure it's not a 3 terminal connector under there somewhere ? Looks like 3 pin one to me. ROFLMAO ,Man I hate OBD1 Sh@t except that you dont have mandatory testing for pre 96 cars here anymore.

Last edited by Witsend; 04-06-2015, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Tech 60
      I don't know if this is the right place for this but here goes. I have purchased an Ethos Plus system with an OBD1 adapter kit from my dealer. The adapter set is Part number EAK0288B04B. I needed to have it to work on my wife's 1994 Honda Accord Wagon. I have found the OBD1 connector in the car. The problem is the adapter kit doesn't have the 8 pin connector that I need. My Ethos says to use a HON1 adapter which is not here. My dealer says it is there but on the Multi 2 adapter but there is not one there. Can anyone help with this?
      Take a look here.

It's on this site where it says PLATFORMS at the top of the main page.

Select the Ethos Plus and you can download the users manual and take a look around for connectors and adaptors.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
        Snap-on D&I
        • Nov 2006

All of the information you need is on this site.
        The kit you have does not contain all the OBD1 adapters. In some cases the OBDI adapters were broken into several kits.

Select "Diagnostic platforms" near the top left of the forum, then select Ethos Plus in the Compare Diagnostic Platforms, then select Scanner accessories to see the accessories including the OBDI adapter kit which does have all the adapters

Select Diagnostic software, then Ethos Plus, then under New coverage click on the link near the bottom under "Get new features and coverage...". This will open the vehicle application guide. You will find a page near the end for Ethos Plus which lists all the accessories individually including the OBDI adapters.

Comment

• sbreland73
          • Jan 2009

Not sure of an eight pin connector, but that vintage Honda should have the three pin. You will get some limited date and codes. Note that the two pin is for blink codes from the Malfunction Indicator Lamp.

41938081.gif
          S. Breland

Comment

• CWoogie
            • May 2019

Ethos Plus

Bought Ethos Plus.. It was stolen and I got it back without the SD card (software program)
            What can I do?
            I really dont want to have to pay again for software.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
              Snap-on DSD
              • Aug 2007

Unfortunately without the card you are out of luck. Don't try using an old one from another scanner. It will only lock it up.
              Without the card you only have one choice. Buy an update.
              Sorry,
              Joe
              "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
              Henry Ford

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Bought Ethos Plus.. It was stolen and I got it back without the SD card (software program)
                What can I do?
                I really dont want to have to pay again for software.
                If you bought it new, have receipts and serial number registered in your name , you might want to call tech support and see what options you might have other than purchasing an update. BTW welcome C.Woogie.
                Last edited by Witsend; 05-21-2019, 05:04 AM.

Comment

• tech25
                  • Oct 2017

I know this is no help to you now, but to everyone else, and to you sir, in the future. make a back up of the sd card. I have a backup and verified it works, and put in a safe place. you never know when a card could get corrupted or damaged beyond repair, or stolen.

agree with witsend though, if you have documentation saying you own it, tech support i would think could help.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                    Snap-on DSD
                    • Aug 2007

If you have luck with that, please post it. It would be good if there is an alternative to getting a new update.
                    Joe
                    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                    Henry Ford

Comment

Working...