X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

P0336 code and half a serpentine belt

Had a 03 malibu where half the width of the serpentine belt had been sheered off and it had a crank shaft sensor code. I checked the crankshaft sensor signal with the scope and signal loooked uniform I checked for a reason why the belt was so damaged , but all pulley seemed ok after I removed what was left of the belt with my POS $8 Port Freight Serpentine belt tool. I blew out the the shredded belt debris out of the the the metal signal generator ring of the crankshaft damper. putting on the new belt I could not get a decent angle to insert the belt tool and get a enough swing with the tool before hitting the windshield cowl with the handle got all aggravated and took the torch and vise and put a custom made in the USA bend into the $8 chinese tool and it now works as good as a $8 POS belt tool POSsibly can. One good thing that POS tool caused me to do out of frustration , was to pull the wheel and plastic shields off to see why the belt installation was getting me bent out of shape , and I was then able to see The outer pulley of the crankshaft had walked about a quarter inch outboard off the rubber divider of the Crankshaft damper. Probably wouldn't have caught the bad crankcase damper if my belt tensioner tool didn't have me doing all the extra work.
    Attached Files
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Glad it worked out!
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

Working...