Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MCurtis
    • Oct 2009

Solus Ultra 16.4 issue with 2003 Naviagator

Truck came in to the shop and I hooked up my Solus Ultra with the 16.4 Update...

I then do the Manual ID and I input the Year, Make and Model to pull Code out of the PCM... I hit the tab Engine and Power Train then hit the tab Auto with AC and instead of showing the tabs for Codes, data and what not it goes back to the screen with all the modules listed... I tried all the other Modules and i was able to get into them with no issues... Just the powertrain one..

I then try the Auto ID and it pulled the Vin which is the same for the truck and still when i to to go further than telling the scanner that it is Auto Trans with AC it takes me back to the Module list..

I then Grab the Shops Versus with 16.2 and i was able to get past that and see everything.....

Hopefully the Attachment works, it is the screen shot of Auto ID with my Solus Ultra... Need this fixed please...
    Attached Files
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I don't know why , but why would you choose to manually ID something before letting it just automatically ID the vehicle ? Does the auto ID feature also automatically proceed into a all module scan that would take longer than you care to wait , and you just find it quicker to manually ID a vehicle and then go straight to PCM?

Comment

• MCurtis
      • Oct 2009

I always manually ID vehicles... Just old school enough to remember when Chrysler Auto ID was never right... but this had no Scan all modules feature...

The Problem is in the program of the Scan Tool... This truck is a Regular Customer and I didnt have this problem last year before I got the 16.4 Update... Plus as you should know Scan all Modules only does Memory Codes... Not KOEO and KOER Self Tests...

I dont think you understand what I am saying... It would not allow me to access the PCM to look at Codes, Data Stream or anything... That is the Problem.. I could access any module BUT the PowerTrain Module....

Comment

• sbreland73
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by MCurtis

I dont think you understand what I am saying...
        HAHA, thanks for the laugh MCurtis. That one is here for the comic value.
        S. Breland

Comment

• MCurtis
          • Oct 2009

well either way it is obvious Snappy does not care about bug reports or one of them would have signed on yesterday to at least acknowledged this one...

Comment

• Steve6911
            • Feb 2007

well either way it is obvious Snappy does not care about bug reports or one of them would have signed on yesterday to at least acknowledged this one...

Mcurtis
            I am sorry I did not have a chance to get back to you yesterday. S.O. is always interested in Bug reports. But before I submit this did you hook up to ShopStream Connect and see if there was a service release for your build? If you haven't PLEASE check this and if there is a service release installed it and if possible retest the vehicle.

Thank You
            Steve

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

If you want to put things in perspective and read posts on another company forum from folk seeking help with their software issues. It will put things in perspective .

Comment

• MCurtis
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Steve6911
                Mcurtis
                I am sorry I did not have a chance to get back to you yesterday. S.O. is always interested in Bug reports. But before I submit this did you hook up to ShopStream Connect and see if there was a service release for your build? If you haven't PLEASE check this and if there is a service release installed it and if possible retest the vehicle.

Thank You
                Steve
                I did the Update through ShopStream which there was one for the Solus Ultra... When the update was done I hooked it back up to the Navigator and the same problem exists.. Once I click on Auto and with AC it bots me back to the Module list... I even tried the other choices, which I never seen a Manual Navigator, with same results... Boots me back to Module list..

Comment

• MCurtis
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Witsend
                  If you want to put things in perspective and read posts on another company forum from folk seeking help with their software issues. It will put things in perspective .

http://pro.auteltech.com/autelsupport
                  Well that is like comparing a Granny Smith Apple plucked off the tree, to one you ground scored with worms already taking up residence in...

Not knocking Autel... I own the MS908 and the Clone of the Pico Scope they came out with... But they are my home Scanner and home scope... But then I know the Limitations of both... and for the price comparison vs Snappy and Pico, you have to expect some issues, let alone Chinese Company Vs US for Snappy.. But for the price and the amount of vehicles I work on at home it does very well...

Comment

• Steve6911
                    • Feb 2007

I did the Update through ShopStream which there was one for the Solus Ultra... When the update was done I hooked it back up to the Navigator and the same problem exists.. Once I click on Auto and with AC it bots me back to the Module list... I even tried the other choices, which I never seen a Manual Navigator, with same results... Boots me back to Module list..
                    Ok, I will submit the report, THANK YOU for all the information.

Comment

Working...