X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sontours
    • Feb 2017

Souls Update move to another Solus

New to the forums and new to Solus.

I have a Solus EESC310 with 13.4 on it. It works but will not connect to the vehicle. It gives me the 101 hardware issue. I was able to get a EESC310A from a neighbor which has 7.2 I think. When I put the 13.4 card in this one it would not run it. Is there any way for me to move the 13.4 to the working Solus? i contacted Snapon about the hardware error but they do not service these anymore.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks,

Phil
  • GM guy
    • Dec 2006

The CF card is linked to the unit it is installed on. No way around this

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
      • Jan 2015

It would be quite interesting to be able to achieve this.
      I now own three Solus's ( Solii ? ) and they have 7.2, 10.4 and 13.2 on them.
      The 10.4 is fully functional, and the 13.2 works without the cf card in, apart from telling me there is A, no card & B, it will shut down.
      So I would like to shift the 13.2 into the 10.4 so I get a working unit and it's updated too.
      Surely it should be possible ?
      After all, I own these units legally and can prove said legality too.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Good luck with that, I couldn't even make a working backup of the CF card to a folder on PC and then to a larger CF card on mine.

Comment

• Tech10
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by kirkbarrow.garage
          The 10.4 is fully functional, and the 13.2 works without the cf card in, apart from telling me there is A, no card & B, it will shut down.
          So I would like to shift the 13.2 into the 10.4 so I get a working unit and it's updated too.
          Are you saying that you have no CF card for the 13.2 Solus? If so it needs the 13.2 card in order for it to function properly.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Don't do it Rambo. There are warnings about trying to crack the secret code and reverse engineer the software. All Snap On Tool Trucks are actually repainted Swat Team Vans and they will come after you with a vengeance with Thermal Imagers and find you. Lol
            Last edited by Witsend; 06-08-2017, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Tech10
              Are you saying that you have no CF card for the 13.2 Solus? If so it needs the 13.2 card in order for it to function properly.
              Sorry, possibly you misunderstood what I put.
              I have 3 Solus, and the one with the 13.2 software has a fault WHEN the card is inserted and the unit switched on, I want to switch the 13.2 card into the 10.4 unit and be able to use it in this unit with no problem, currently you are not able to do so.

Comment

• Tech10
                • Mar 2008

Sorry, possibly you misunderstood what I put.
                I have 3 Solus, and the one with the 13.2 software has a fault WHEN the card is inserted and the unit switched on, I want to switch the 13.2 card into the 10.4 unit and be able to use it in this unit with no problem, currently you are not able to do so.
                What is the fault you are getting when the CF card is inserted?

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                  • Jan 2015

Card inserted

Hi, the unit does what I anticipated with no card, as stated it comes on and tells me there is no card and itbwill shut down ( which it does ) after inserting the card, it comes on with the Solus splash screen and then just goes white all over, which render anything else it does invisible to anyone.
                  It is as if the card programme coming on line, tells the screen pixels all to illuminate white.
                  Making neither use nor ornament of the Solus, thus the requirement to try the card in another machine, which results in the " Security Error, Contact your local Snap On dealer " which I would like to know if this can be resolved or not.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                    • Jan 2015

Card Inserted

Hi, with no card inserted, the unit does exactly as previously stated, turn on, tell me no card inserted and will shut down, which it does correctly.
                    With the cf card inserted, it comes on with the Solus splash screen, the as the programme comes online, it seems as if the programme is telling every pixel to illuminate white, rendering whatever is on screen to be invisible, rendering the unit no use.
                    With the cf card in my second unit, it updates to the newer software specification as expected and the displays ' security error, contact snap on '.
                    So all I would like is to use the newer cf card in my Solus that will work.
                    As I own the three Solus, with the three cf cards this, to my thinking is the correct way forward, swap card 3 into unit 2 and voila, unit working properly.

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

Not sure it can apply today, but I think Joe mentioned in the past that a Snap On Dealer should be able to try and perform "A Device Recovery" procedure on the truck for little or no charge

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                        • Jan 2015

Well, I sussed the problem I had got.
                        Basically I found this hidden in Snap On web pages :-

and after following this ( using a USB cable and a multi card adaptor ) connected the cf card and did this and voila, working 13.2 Solus 😇😇😇😎😎😇😇😇

Comment

• Glide
                          • Jan 2015

and after following this ( using a USB cable and a multi card adaptor ) connected the cf card and did this and voila, working 13.2 Solus ����������������
                          Good job.

Comment

• Tech10
                            • Mar 2008

and after following this ( using a USB cable and a multi card adaptor ) connected the cf card and did this and voila, working 13.2 Solus 😇😇😇😎😎😇😇😇
                            Good deal!!!

Comment

• Witsend
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

Very good news, and potentially a very valuable piece of information on that web page for other folk trying to get one working. I took a photo of it and will post photo on a new thread in case the link gets broken or page removed.

Comment

Working...