Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tenfooter
    • Apr 2007

Solus 6.4 softyware issues

I just ran into a software bug in the Chrysler section of my solus where erroneous datastream is listed. If Legacy mode is used datastream is usable.
  • INLANDSMOG
    Banned
    • Oct 2006

Seen many times on all makes

Comment

• Coyote
      • Apr 2007

Software errors

All of the software is under retrofit. This means that all of the really good features like automated PID trigger, Custom Data List, automatic data buffering, etc. etc..... can be utilized on older vehicles. When you rewrite this much software and humans are involved there will be errors. Both the Domestic and Asian platforms have Legacy load. If you encounter a software issue, you can go to the old legacy load and receive correct information.

The key however is to write the VIN number with a quick note on the system where the skewed data occured. This allows the software engineers to fix it in the next update. It is virtually imposible to catch all of the errors but if we report them I can assure you that the guys at Snapon will correct them.

Best wishes,
      Boyd

Comment

• tenfooter
        • Apr 2007

update

I don't think the bug would be able to be reproduced. This happenened once, I went to legacy mode quit that when to the new section for trouble shooter and decided to try again and the datastream was fine the rest of the day. I am thinking that the vehicles datastream and the solus weren't synchronized properly before the data was displayed the first time. I know some old timers that would have changed the pcm over that.

Comment

• Coyote
          • Apr 2007

Great point

Cars are like politics. As Reagon said, "Trust but verify"

Best wishes,
          Boyd

Comment

• Joshua Covington
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Coyote
            The key however is to write the VIN number with a quick note on the system where the skewed data occured. This allows the software engineers to fix it in the next update. It is virtually imposible to catch all of the errors but if we report them I can assure you that the guys at Snapon will correct them.

Best wishes,
            Boyd
            Nice observation Boyd. The more information the better when it comes to understanding what's going on. Offering vehicle specific coverage in our products means that getting a vehicle specific description to the engineering crew is very important. Either the VIN or Y/M/M/system/etc., for instance.

We aren't able to get all the stuff, but getting these details helps to make the right diagnosis as quickly as possible.
            Snap-on Diagnostics
            Program Manager

Comment

Working...