X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orchid70
    • Apr 2019

5 second delay in Current Data for Saab 9-5 and other questions

Verus Wireless 16,4 hardware Europe, UK

When I read Current Data there is 5 seconds delay. In OBD Sirect.
    Why would that be?

Why wouldnt SAAB be selectable in the Scanner mode? I the Europian program??

Yes - Im one of those who have bought a used scanner.....
    And would like to change units in the scanner mode from °F to°C - is that possible?
    In the Oscilloscope mode its doable.
  • Glide
    • Jan 2015

As far as I know Snapon scanners have never supported Saab vehicles,no idea why not.Even though they aren't making any more,there are still a lot of them around.

Comment

• Steve6911
      • Feb 2007

Scott
      He's from the other side of the "pond", they do over there.

Comment

• Orchid70
        • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Steve6911
        Scott
        She is

What do we do over here? From Sweden (I am) so dont always hang on to all expressions...

I would love to be able to change the units in the Scanner though - if someone knows how.

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Orchid70
          She is

What do we do over here? From Sweden (I am) so dont always hang on to all expressions...

I would love to be able to change the units in the Scanner though - if someone knows how.
          I would expect you to be able to change from Fahrenheit to Celcius. Look in "tools" or "settings". You may be able to select just temperatures but you may have to change from "English" to "Metric" and change them all.

Comment

• Glide
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Steve6911
            Scott

Really? So if we in NA have "Asian and Euro" option on our Snapon scan tools why are we being shortchanged?
            Read his post,he says he can't select Saab and is using OBD direct,which is what I have to do when scanning a Saab.

Comment

• Orchid70
              • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Crusty
              I would expect you to be able to change from Fahrenheit to Celcius. Look in "tools" or "settings". You may be able to select just temperatures but you may have to change from "English" to "Metric" and change them all.
              Some pictures of my options (second pic is inside the "Settings" option inside the Diagnsotics Suite) - or that I can find at least - to change to metric.
              In WIN XP - the metric system is chosen.
              I cannot change the UK location/option in the Regional choises - its back onto UK option every time I go back in the Language option in XP - after clicking on "Apply" or "OK". So I guess it never was loaded into the computer.
              Metric is chosen anyhow in XP - and I cannot find any option in Snapon to change it =(
              Now I understand what the sellers in Sweden mean by saying - they have to manufactor the Swedish SnapOn at order....
              SnapOn is great - but not that bloody great.....
              Attached Files

Comment

• sbreland73
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Glide
                Really? So if we in NA have "Asian and Euro" option on our Snapon scan tools why are we being shortchanged?
                Read his post,he says he can't select Saab and is using OBD direct,which is what I have to do when scanning a Saab.
                Like asking Snap-on to support DeLorean or Yugo? There may still be many on the road, but why would a company invest time and money into a defunct brand? As for the OP, he stated he bought it used, may be an imported unit. Software coverage is different depending on the market in which the tool is sold (new).
                S. Breland

Comment

• Orchid70
                  • Apr 2019

Originally posted by sbreland73
                  Like asking Snap-on to support DeLorean or Yugo? There may still be many on the road, but why would a company invest time and money into a defunct brand? As for the OP, he stated he bought it used, may be an imported unit. Software coverage is different depending on the market in which the tool is sold (new).
                  No - its Europian program with all the adaptors and keys for Europe modells.
                  And no US programs in it.
                  For those, who are not sure where UK is located - its the same country as Great Britain Soon to be out of the EU - Europian Union.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Crusty
                    • Dec 2007

Here is a link to the users manuals (within this site)

I don't know which exact model of equipment you have but you can download the users manuals from here.
                    Also, you can access the users manual from the "HELP" button on your screen.

The Microsoft Windows won't change how the tool itself displays the "English" vs the "metric" values.

Maybe someone who has one of these can mess around and see, or you can check the users manuals.
                    HTH.

Comment

• Glide
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by sbreland73
                      The lady has stated that she is in Sweden and that the Verus is a UK(Great Britain) unit.So apparently European coverage is the same as it is here.
                      When I first started complaining about no Saab coverage these cars were still in production.As the last models shared electronics with other GM models,Opel,Vauxhall,European Cadillac,I don't see how covering them would be a big deal.I'm guessing that Snapon scan tools aren't very popular in Sweden.

Comment

• Orchid70
                        • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Glide
                        The lady has stated that she is in Sweden and that the Verus is a UK(Great Britain) unit.So apparently European coverage is the same as it is here.
                        When I first started complaining about no Saab coverage these cars were still in production.As the last models shared electronics with other GM models,Opel,Vauxhall,European Cadillac,I don't see how covering them would be a big deal.I'm guessing that Snapon scan tools aren't very popular in Sweden.
                        THAT could be an issue =)
                        No - there is not even a Swedish home page for Snap On scanners or any other tool. Unfortunatelly.
                        Buuut - there are some sellers here.

Comment

• Orchid70
                          • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Crusty
                          Here is a link to the users manuals (within this site)

I don't know which exact model of equipment you have but you can download the users manuals from here.
                          Also, you can access the users manual from the "HELP" button on your screen.

The Microsoft Windows won't change how the tool itself displays the "English" vs the "metric" values.

Maybe someone who has one of these can mess around and see, or you can check the users manuals.
                          HTH.
                          The users manual is not that very specific at all. I have tried to find something there - without help.
                          I can learn to convert F to C - its not that big of a deal. But if Id like to share some results to others (here in Sweden) it would have been nice to have the units right.
                          Its Verus Wireless UK version. As I understand its generation 2.
                          After that came Pro and then Edge???

Comment

• landroverman1958
                            • Feb 2010

Hi just swiched my old mk 1 virus on,according to the full manufacturer list Scab is not listed,so its generic obd2 only,it came out for scab on i think 18.4 when ther
                            e was a major update of the manufacturers listed.inc isuzu and canter.
                            I now am on 19.2 but the option for scab is there but its very limited in only engine/transmission,where as the 906bt lists 14 modules,

Comment

• Orchid70
                              • Apr 2019

Originally posted by landroverman1958
                              Hi just swiched my old mk 1 virus on,according to the full manufacturer list Scab is not listed,so its generic obd2 only,it came out for scab on i think 18.4 when ther
                              e was a major update of the manufacturers listed.inc isuzu and canter.
                              I now am on 19.2 but the option for scab is there but its very limited in only engine/transmission,where as the 906bt lists 14 modules,
                              Lets hope then Im able to update mine.
                              Autel 906BT?

Comment

Working...