Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jez1342
    • May 2007

saved graphs

hello, am considering upgrading to a solus but have a question, can any saved graph data or fault code descriptions be saved to the memory card then transfered to a pc for printing/attaching to an invoice?
    regards Jez.
  • daveyK
    • Apr 2007

RE: saved graphs

Jez,

Yes you can save graphs, DTCs, and FF. The default location is the CF1 card. If you buy a CF card you can change the setting to save to CF2.

You then need a CF card reader to download to your PC. Once the file is on your PC you can use any number of programs, like MS Paint, the Snap On program, or AES Wave to make notes and print them.

HTH

dave

Comment

• jez1342
      • May 2007

cheers dave. whats the usb connection for? can you connect to laptop via a cable?

Comment

• daveyK
        • Apr 2007

Jez,

The USB is to connect a printer or keyboard.

dave

Comment

• tenfooter
          • Apr 2007

PC hookup

The solus will connect to a pc through the usb port but will only act as if it is an extra disk giving you access to the files on the memory cards.

Comment

• tenfooter
            • Apr 2007

Printing

The solus has an infrared serial interface for printing. With a printer that can accept infrared signals and decode the PCL 3 (printer control language level 3). I use an old HP deskjet 670 and an infrared to parallel port adapter. This configuration requires no cabling between the solus and printer(up to 3ft away).

Comment

• daveyK
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by tenfooter
              The solus will connect to a pc through the usb port but will only act as if it is an extra disk giving you access to the files on the memory cards.
              Hi tenfooter,

I never tried that.

Does each CF card show as 2 seperate disks?

Thanks,

dave

Comment

• jez1342
                • May 2007

Originally posted by tenfooter
                does this mean that you wouldnt need a card reader to swap files from solus to laptop for viewing and printing?

Comment

• tenfooter
                  • Apr 2007

I have only used the feature once and only with the primary card in place and the solus acts as a card reader (an extremely expensive one at that). You may then use your file browser (explorer) to find your user data to print it. Now I must tell you that restarting the solus to put it in this mode is very time prohibitive and a card reader with a second card will permit better speed in perfoming this task. As for printing with you solus an infrared to parallel adapter and hp printer would serve you best for speed just point and print.

Comment

• tenfooter
                    • Apr 2007

The print feature will also print screens just as you see them (printing saved screens) and print formatted data as in vehicle description code list or data stream . I have had my solus for going on two years now. It has been repaired twice. The first repair was a broken case (screw mount broken from purchase date) second was from an lcd failure (splotch of bad pixels) other than that my solus has performed excellently. Also rechargeable batteries are not really recommended by snap on but I use duracell NiMH batteries with at least 2650 MAH capacity anything less and your solus will likely not power on for very long.

Comment

Working...