Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bryanko
    • May 2007

ethos questions

hey, i just picked up an ethos deluxe 7.2 on a try b4 you buy from my dealer.
    couple questions for anyone with experience with this platform... is there a way to activate vsv's on toyotas? we have scantools at work that can perform this function and was wondering if ethos can aswell...

second question. will the toyota-1 and -2 adapters for the old brick scanner work with ethos? i assume they should work on all platforms but i was just wondering...

third question. will the printer for the older brick scanner work with ethos or have they discontinued that product? and if so are they coming out with a printer that will work "portable style"...

thanks for your time
  • No-Start
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by bryanko
    is there a way to activate vsv's on toyotas? we have scantools at work that can perform this function and was wondering if ethos can aswell...
    No, the Ethos does not support bi-directional communication. This was by design.

You'll have to steup up to the Solus or Modis for bi-directional capabilities.

second question. will the toyota-1 and -2 adapters for the old brick scanner work with ethos? i assume they should work on all platforms but i was just wondering...
    The Ethos should use all the same pre-OBDII adapters as the old brick.

third question. will the printer for the older brick scanner work with ethos or have they discontinued that product? and if so are they coming out with a printer that will work "portable style"...
    Sorry, I can't answer that question. I simply don't know.

No-Start.

Comment

Working...