Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrazyFreak
    • Sep 2011

Fix memory card?

I've just noticed that when I mount my solus ultra onto windows 7 to look T my save files through my solus ultra, windows ask if I want to scan and fix the memory card. It never asked that before. I think it started to happen after an corrupted update. Should I let windows fix it?
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

No, leave it be. This has been reported by others. It has to do with the way Win 7 looks at file structure. Remember, Snappy Cf Cards have a hidden partition with the "serial" number that bonds that card with the machine in which it is installed. It could be that file(s) are corrupt, but I would recommend using the Ultra's built in system restore feature. If that aint it, let your rep re-install software on the CF card. HTH
    S. Breland

Comment

• CrazyFreak
      • Sep 2011

How do I do a system restore? Thanks

Originally posted by sbreland73
      No, leave it be. This has been reported by others. It has to do with the way Win 7 looks at file structure. Remember, Snappy Cf Cards have a hidden partition with the "serial" number that bonds that card with the machine in which it is installed. It could be that file(s) are corrupt, but I would recommend using the Ultra's built in system restore feature. If that aint it, let your rep re-install software on the CF card. HTH

Comment

• Because
        • Jul 2010

I have a Vista laptop that does this with just about any removeable memory card I put in it. I consider it normal Windows operation. Don't know if I'm right about that, but I would try other media before changing your Ultra card too much.

Comment

• CrazyFreak
          • Sep 2011

Other memory cards that I use with the solus have no problem only the original memory card that crashed when I upgraded have problem.

Originally posted by Because
          I have a Vista laptop that does this with just about any removeable memory card I put in it. I consider it normal Windows operation. Don't know if I'm right about that, but I would try other media before changing your Ultra card too much.

Comment

• andybaz
            • Apr 2009

I to have the same screen, 'scan an repair' when i plug my solus pro into my pc, it did it on my window 7 32bit and it does it on my new pc windows 7 64 bit, i click NO every time, no problems to date, granted the pro does not need a cf card present etc to run, but the pc always ask 'scan an fix' , NO is the reply.
            Toyota pro tech & ata
            PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in

Comment

Working...