Solus Ultra Question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coyote_slayer
    • Jan 2012

Thanks again CRUSTY for the quick reply. I've done all that you suggested.

Furthermore, I am an APPLE computer user and have removed the Micro SD card from the ULTRA and loaded it into 2 separate APPLE computers via adapter and SD slot. Still nothing in the USERDATA file/folder. I've ensured that ALL files are visible in both Mac and Windows and not hidden. I really find it hard to believe that 4 different operating systems [Windows XP, Windows 7, Apple Macintosh OSX v. 10.4.11 & v. 10.7.1] are at fault and not the ULTRA. Of the 4 operating systems, I have opened them in their full paths. In Windows using Windows Explorer and on the Mac's using Finder. All the ULTRA /SYSTEM files are in their respective folders on the Micro SD but the USERDATA folder remains empty of files.

It just amazes me that the saved files can only be viewed on the ULTRA and nowhere else. I understand that the ULTRA operating system is SMX, as opposed to UNIX, LINUX, etc... and again, I can view the /SYSTEM files on the Micro SD just not the USERDATA files. I'm at a loss and just want to rule out operator error and take advantage of the warranty coverage before it expires if it is in fact the ULTRA.

Glad to have your response. Thanks again.

CS

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by coyote_slayer
      Thanks again CRUSTY for the quick reply. I've done all that you suggested.

Furthermore, I am an APPLE computer user and have removed the Micro SD card from the ULTRA and loaded it into 2 separate APPLE computers via adapter and SD slot. Still nothing in the USERDATA file/folder. I've ensured that ALL files are visible in both Mac and Windows and not hidden. I really find it hard to believe that 4 different operating systems [Windows XP, Windows 7, Apple Macintosh OSX v. 10.4.11 & v. 10.7.1] are at fault and not the ULTRA. Of the 4 operating systems, I have opened them in their full paths. In Windows using Windows Explorer and on the Mac's using Finder. All the ULTRA /SYSTEM files are in their respective folders on the Micro SD but the USERDATA folder remains empty of files.

It just amazes me that the saved files can only be viewed on the ULTRA and nowhere else. I understand that the ULTRA operating system is SMX, as opposed to UNIX, LINUX, etc... and again, I can view the /SYSTEM files on the Micro SD just not the USERDATA files. I'm at a loss and just want to rule out operator error and take advantage of the warranty coverage before it expires if it is in fact the ULTRA.

Glad to have your response. Thanks again.

CS
      If you can playback any screen shots (.bmp files...ROFLMAO) or stored data movies (.scm files), on the Ultra itself, then they HAVE to be there somewhere.
      Sometimes the SnapOn storage media (internal or external) take quite a while to appear, then they take a long time to actually display the files stored in the folder. Some antivirus programs scan the storage disk before they allow them to be displayed too.

What do you get if you right click on the USERDATA folder and check the "properties"?? You should get the amount of space used and the number of files.

At the top of this site there is a "Members List". Email me
      I've used Win-XP, Win-XP-Pro and Win-7 on 6 different computers (laptop and desktop) and I can always find the files.

Comment

• coyote_slayer
        • Jan 2012

Right clicking on the /USERDATA folder, then properties, reveals "0 kb" and "---".

Reading the "README.txt" file located on the Micro SD card states "all user files will be stored in the /USERDATA folder".

I can see all the files for the scan tool operating system but nothing that resembles the name of the .scm movies that I saved. Example: "2007_Ford_E350_54L_TPS.scm". Funny thing is it doesn't reveal any of the saved files including .bmp and/or .jpg either. I've searched for all the files, including scan tool operating files, and nothing with .scm or .bmp extensions results.

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by coyote_slayer
          Right clicking on the /USERDATA folder, then properties, reveals "0 kb" and "---".

Reading the "README.txt" file located on the Micro SD card states "all user files will be stored in the /USERDATA folder".

I can see all the files for the scan tool operating system but nothing that resembles the name of the .scm movies that I saved. Example: "2007_Ford_E350_54L_TPS.scm". Funny thing is it doesn't reveal any of the saved files including .bmp and/or .jpg either. I've searched for all the files, including scan tool operating files, and nothing with .scm or .bmp extensions results.
          If the properties are showing up as 0 kb, then it's not storing anything.
          If you can playback the "2007_Ford_E350_54L_TPS.scm" movie on the machine itself then it IS there somewhere.
          You will NOT see a file labelled "2007_Ford_E350_54L_TPS.scm"
          You MAY see a file labelled as "30416001.xxx"
          The first digit is the 3 for the third month. The next two digits indicate the day of the month, the 4th and 5th digit indicate the hour of the day, and then the last 3 digits are the sequence from 001 to 999 for the file saved in that hour. They will obly be followed by the filename extesnsion of ".scm" for a movie or ".bmp" for a bitmap screenshot. The Ultra doesn't use j-pegs at all.
          Look for a series of numbers with the filename extensions of .scm or .bmp.

1st digit Month
          1 Jan
          2 Feb
          3 Mar
          4 Apr
          5 May
          6 Jun
          7 Jul
          8 Aug
          9 Sep
          A Oct
          B Nov
          C Dec
          2nd & 3rd digits Day of the month
          etc.
          4th & 5th digits HOUR of the day
          6th, 7th & 8th digits (last 3) file number saved in that hour
          Example;
          10614001 was on Jan-06 in the 14th hour the first file saved in that hour
          1-06-14-001

Comment

• coyote_slayer
            • Jan 2012

Thank you to everyone whom offered assistance with this dilemma.

I was able to contact technical support and after about 20 minutes of their dedication, we came to the conclusion that I must have a corrupt Micro SD card. Snapon Support mailed me a new card and "voila", everything operates as designed. Thank you to Antonio @ Snapon Tech Support and to all of you on the forum that helped me work through the issue.

CS

Comment

Working...