Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulhep
    • Apr 2012

Modis DC Volts quit

Used the Modis for years, recently used the Multimeter for perhaps the second time and it does not work, in any DC range including the DC Average also, the leads are good and they are in the correct position on the Modis, any ideas?
  • MasterWrench
    • Oct 2006

What have you tried?

I would suggest turning off the MODIS, removing the battery, then unplugging and re inserting the scope module and see what happens then....
    MasterWrench

Comment

• paulhep
      • Apr 2012

Have removed the battery, and completly re-booted the Modis from the menu feature, basically puts it back to factory setting as when new. The ohms feature works fine, but the volts do not. I have tried different votage range's but none work. I am useing version 8.2.
      Thx

Comment

• paulhep
        • Apr 2012

Oh and I have removed and reinserted the Scope module.
        Thx

Comment

• MasterWrench
          • Oct 2006

I would suggest a call to tech support 1-800-332-2526

Maybe they will be able to help you out.

If you know someone that has the same model MODIS you could try swapping scope modules and see if it works also or get your dealer to swap one with you and see if it works. If it does then your module is bad, if it does not it may be a corrupted file in the software...
          MasterWrench

Comment

• paulhep
            • Apr 2012

Thx for the advice, I have got the dealer calling around tomorrow, once I have found the problem I will post the answer..

Comment

• paulhep
              • Apr 2012

It works

Well, it appears my Modis was doing something in the past which it should of not being doing, and it suddenly corrected itself, and I was not paying attention to detail, before I could use Volts in the Ohms sockets and did not have to use Channel 1 now the volts can be only read when using Channel 1 which I understand now is how it should of been from the start.
              Thanks to my Dealer for his perseverance on my ignorance and the Snap On repair centre for there patience.
              Thank You.

Comment

Working...