Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • landroverman1958
    • Feb 2010

APP Testing

Hi ,anyone tested a APP on a landrover santana fitted with a Iveco 2.8unijet engine with a cable operated throttle pedal that has a bosch electronic sensor to convert movement into electronic control of the fuel pump????
  • markt
    • Apr 2011

will youre diag gear talk to it?..if so there will usually be 2 outputs for the pedal sensor and they should either increase or decrease at the same rate and have a crossover point at about half its voltage range..i.e one track may have a decreasing voltage and the other an increasing one and ideally at half its operating range the two outputs should match evenly, best to have it in graph mode to see it better or get a wiring diagram and manually pin into the pedal multiplug and scope the two outputs.

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Most vehicles I've seen have two APP sensors and then two TPS sensors in the throttle body for a redundant signal both ways.

some will track from a half volt up and some will track from 5 volts down. Some will track up togather but have a different starting point and a different WOT point. An example of this is one APP sensor shows 0.5-v up to about 2.5-v at WOT, and the second sensor starts near 1.0-v and tracks up to about 4.5-v at WOT.

One vehicle I saw had two sensors tracking up together (with varying closed throttle and varying WOT values) along with the other two TPS sensors tracking from 0.5 to 4.5 and the other from 4.5 down to 0.5.

The signals do more than just control the "fuel pump". Spark control & advance, injector pulse width & timing, transmission shift points, etc, etc.

BTW. If you include the year and the VIN in your posts, someone else can look up information and/or they may have had relevent experiences with that YY/MM/MM
      Last edited by Crusty; 04-29-2012, 06:57 AM. Reason: include year & vin

Comment

• landroverman1958
        • Feb 2010

Ha ha daft are,nt i,,,, import into the uk from spain as in made in espana,,,, 2006 year on redg plate which probably means a 2007 model,,, has a mobile lift platform on rear for working on overhaed power cables,,,,, so has a PTO fitted to,to drive the hydraulic pump,
        I have,nt seen this type of throttle type before where a mechanical movement is with a cable then changes to fly by wire, looks to me like a usual 6 wire throttle pot

Comment

• markt
          • Apr 2011

some of the older peugeot vehicles over here use a cable from the pedal to a remote throttle pot under bonnet...also the odd rover diesel uses it too.
          the use of the two outputs gives a better throttle control response/plot for the ecu and also a safety feature incase one track packs up.

Comment

• landroverman1958
            • Feb 2010

Hi all sorted my Landrover throttle problem, scoped before fitting new actuator, problem on one track of potentiometer, i.ll try to up load a before and after but dont know if i can
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...