Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wydir
    • Feb 2013

Solus Ultra or Verdict D7

It seems I can get a used Solus ultra for between 1900-3000 and the Verdict D7 for 2500-3600 both with 12.4 and Euro software.

My question is would it be worth it to spend a lil more and get a verdict or just stick with the Ultra? would love to buy a Verus Pro with the pass through but funds are limited (as always)

oh the names Don I am a Energy systems Tech and do repair/body work on the side

I do have a fluke 189 and a 289 but thats the extent of my electrical trouble shooting equipment as I do mainly industrial Electrical work
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

My first choice would be a Solus-PRO but you'd have to mess with the personality keys. I have a S-PRO and they can't pry it outta my hands until I'm stone cold...LOL (It's not perfect but still pretty good)

Messing with the Solus-ULTRA and it has some characteristics that are different than the S-PRO but still a pretty good piece of kit. No personality keys to mess with is about the biggest beneficial difference from the S-Pro

I've seen the Verdict and the Verus but I wouldn't thank you for either one at the moment. If you MUST HAVE one, get the Verus-Pro after the bugs are ironed out.

HTH

Comment

• Wydir
      • Feb 2013

Thanks for the input a solus pro can be in the running also I just thought I would go the ultra route just because of not having the keys and the bigger screen but if the price is right I will consider anything

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Wydir
        Thanks for the input a solus pro can be in the running also I just thought I would go the ultra route just because of not having the keys and the bigger screen but if the price is right I will consider anything
        They're both decent enough. Personally I think the Verdict and Verus are a bit "over the top" with all the bells and whistles crammed into one machine

Either a Solus-Pro or a Solus-Ultra would probably do you fine. If you ever do step UP (or down depending on your perspective....LOL) to the Verus-Pro I would still keep the older one you pick now. I'm darn glad I still have the first scan tool I bought back in 1988-!!! Believe it or not, in some ways it does a better job on the old vehicles....LOL

Good luck with whichever one you pick.

Comment

• Modis500
          • Sep 2012

Crusty,

It's funny you say that about the older tools. I bought my first scanner, an OTC Enhanced4000 back in 2000....still use it about once a month on the old GM OBD1 and EEC-III/IV stuff. Sure, it's a small screen, but it seems the data refresh comes in quite fast, plus its light weight and durable. No sense in getting rid of a $400 tool that no one would give me $100 for today. They all have their place, and I'm sure in 10 years when the Solus' and Modis' are out of date, many of them will still be used daily.
          "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
          Zig Ziglar

Comment

Working...