Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GRUSS
    • Nov 2012

Solus pro/ultra vs verus

Currently do mobile diaganostics here in the uk. At the moment I have my laptop with a texa navigator and my vantage pro.

Been looking towards a second hand verus or a solus pro or ultra...

Daft question but does the ultra have component tester info built in? If I pull a DTC can I then click on it and it offers me info...

I've never had a play with a verus, I've owned a solus pro and found it a little slow if I'm been honest although I bought it second hand and it had problems.

I love my vantage pro and use it nearly everyday. Read loads about having the scope and DMM separate to the scanner etc

Just looking for opinions

Can get a second hand nearly new ultra 12.4 for £1500 and under in the uk. Verus gen 1 with 12.4 around the 3000 mark. Obviously if I went with the verus I could sell the VP...

Decisions decisions
  • sandt38
    • May 2012

The Solus does not have component tests as it is not a scope. The solus also does not connect to the internet, so it does not offer the one touch code info that Verus does. But the Solus is faster and less prone to issues then the Verus.

The Solus has all the scan tool capability as the Verus, but it does lack some features.

Comment

• GRUSS
      • Nov 2012

With the one touch DTC info offered by the verus do you have to be connected to the net?

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Yes you do

Comment

• GRUSS
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Steve6911
          Yes you do

Spoke to a few uk sellers and they all have said it offers lots of info whilst been offline. Been mobile I won't always have the Internet connection unless I get a dongle etc

Comment

• Steve6911
            • Feb 2007

I'm not sure about how the Troubleshooters are set up in the UK, but on this side of the pond you do get A LOT of help from them on Domestic and Asian, there is no Euro troubleshooter. The troubleshooter is part of the software and no need for internet connection, however for the one touch help to Shopkey or Askatech you will need to be able to get online.

Steve

Comment

Working...