Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Modis500
    • Sep 2012

ATM Tests for Chrysler-Engine Off

Okay Guys, got a weird one, and I'm sure many of you have seen this under Functional Tests in your Chrysler, and said WTF....so here goes. Was testing a Jeep the other day, was trying to play with alternator output, and went under Functional Tests ->ATM Tests ->Alternator (can't remember the EXACT wording at this moment...brain fart)anyways, this is an Engine Off only test...Went in, tried to start engine after test started, and said "No Comm"Why is this? Do I gotta pull the belt off, get my 2HP Electric Drill out and spin the alternator while I command Alt Output %???? And Injector Kill Test with Engine Off?? There was other tests in there that made me scratch my head. Not sure why or how? Teach me something Snap On, teach me....
    "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
    Zig Ziglar
  • Skip
    Super Moderator
    • Apr 2008

Chrysler seperates their test KOEO and engine running. The KOEO where called ATM or functional tests. The alt and injector tests are there to test the circuit safely, engine off. The scanner would command the PCM to energize the ASD relay providing the power and then cycle the ground at the PCM. Engine running tests should be in the "system tests" menu option. In there should be tests for both of those systems with the engine running. Momentarily full fielding the alt and selectivly turing off injectors as you would expect. The SO scanner is set up to mimic the factory tool.

Comment

• Modis500
      • Sep 2012

Thank You Skip. Makes sense now
      "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
      Zig Ziglar

Comment

Working...