Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Overclocked2Cpu
    • Jun 2013

Need Help Testing ABS Cartridge on "The Brick"

I just want to thank you in advance for your help and time. My question is: I have a MTG2500 "Brick" and just purchased the ABS troubleshooter cartridge (MT25002799) but I am starting to think the cartridge is bad? I currently have the primary carts MT25001001, MT25001099, and MT25001400 and I can't get the ABS cart to be recognized with any of those primary's? I have other fast track troubleshooter carts and they are recognized no problem when installed along side one of those primary's, but the minute I pull out a troubleshooter and replace it with the ABS troubleshooter I only get the primary cart listed on the software selection screen and that's all?? It's just blank under the primary on the software selection screen?? So my question to you is how do I go about testing this ABS cart to see if it's working or just busted?? How do I test the MT25002799 ABS Cartridge?? Although I am new to "the brick" I do realize that the primary cart always goes on the left and the troubleshooter is always on the right. Please help, I need to figure this out while I still can do something about the ABS cart purchase (got it through E-bay so I am covered as long as I figure this out in a timely fashion). I have been googling like crazy but since it's so old I can't find the info that I need (how to test the abs cart)? Thanks again for your time and expertise.

-Chris
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

It doesn't matter which slot you put either cartridge in. They will work on either side.

I think you already know the answer to your question. If you have the cartridge installed and it doesn't appear on the boot screen, it is not working. I doubt there is anything you can do to repair it.

So you know, the only thing that cartridge is for would be Troubleshooter info, like looking up codes and symptoms. The scanner will still have complete functionality on ABS Systems.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

Working...