Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjwiseman07
    • Mar 2015

Scandisk or CHKDSK On Vantage

I know the Vantage is old but simple question how do I run a scan disk or chkdsk on the memory card. I saw a post from a while ago and the person was advised to run a scan disk on it. What do I get to hook this up to my computer to allow me to run this feature? I have seen "Joe Rappa" talk about this before just curious what all this involves? It gives me a memory card error so wanting to see if that fixes it before investing in a new one from snap on. Appreciate the help.

Thanks

Matthew
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I don't think a CF card like a older Solus or Vantage has offers that option like a Verus or Verdict probably can do with a larger regular hard drive running a larger version of a Windows operating system.
    If the CF card is corrupt and you try to view the files on it off a PC, it should be able to tell you if the card needs to be formatted or contains unreadable files.

Comment

• Skip
      Super Moderator
      • Apr 2008

Vantage or Vantage Pro?

Comment

• BMW JEDI
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by mjwiseman07
        I know the Vantage is old but simple question how do I run a scan disk or chkdsk on the memory card. I saw a post from a while ago and the person was advised to run a scan disk on it. What do I get to hook this up to my computer to allow me to run this feature? I have seen "Joe Rappa" talk about this before just curious what all this involves? It gives me a memory card error so wanting to see if that fixes it before investing in a new one from snap on. Appreciate the help.

Thanks

Matthew
        You state 'Vantage'. Are you referring to the original MT2400? You can test the main board and memory cards on those from 'Custom Setup > Vantage Self-Test'.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
          • Jan 2015

RE :- Formatting vantage cf card

Originally posted by Witsend
          I don't think a CF card like a older Solus or Vantage has offers that option like a Verus or Verdict probably can do with a larger regular hard drive running a larger version of a Windows operating system.
          If the CF card is corrupt and you try to view the files on it off a PC, it should be able to tell you if the card needs to be formatted or contains unreadable files.
          Hi, I sincerely hope that you did NOT format your vantage cf card, then you would have deleted the operating system if I understand how the vantage works, but maybe I am ' wrong ' as it has happened occasionally before

Comment

Working...