Subscription lost after upgrade to 18.4?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phoneman85
    • Feb 2019

Subscription lost after upgrade to 18.4?

I have an ethos tech that has a valid subscription until September of this year, I recently upgraded to 18.4 from 18.2, and under subscription status, it now says "not subscribed".

The funny thing is, I made backups of the whole SD card before the update, and if I put the 18.2 files on another SD card and connect to shopstream, it once again says I have a sub until 9/19?!

I guess at the worst, when 19.2 comes out, I can put the 18.2 back on it and update that way.

This is why you make backups. Anyone else experience this, and is there a fix?
  • Rich Shepherd
    Snap-on D&I
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by phoneman85
    I have an ethos tech that has a valid subscription until September of this year, I recently upgraded to 18.4 from 18.2, and under subscription status, it now says "not subscribed".

The funny thing is, I made backups of the whole SD card before the update, and if I put the 18.2 files on another SD card and connect to shopstream, it once again says I have a sub until 9/19?!

I guess at the worst, when 19.2 comes out, I can put the 18.2 back on it and update that way.

This is why you make backups. Anyone else experience this, and is there a fix?
    Thanks for emailing the information we requested to help sort this out.
    Summary:
    SSC (ShopStream Connect) now displays "Not Subscribed" for the subscription status of your Ethos Tech after you installed 18.4.1 onto it. Before installing 18.4.1, it displayed the subscription status valid until September.

Customer Care looked up your Ethos Tech Serial number when you called, verified the subscription is still active, and it’s still eligible for updates per your subscription.

18.4 SSC is not displaying the subscription status of your of your Ethos Tech correctly now that it has 18.4.1 installed. The Ethos Tech is still eligible for the next update and SSC will prompt you when it becomes available even though it is displaying the status as "Not Subscribed".
    We will work on a fix for this behavior and will include it in a future version of SSC if it can’t be addressed in the web services.

Comment

• phoneman85
      • Feb 2019

Rich, Thanks for your help, as well as all the others who worked on this. Glad to know I can expect support on par with the quality of your tools!

Comment

Working...