Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sledfreek76
    • Jun 2012

OBD1 Connector question

I have a Verus Edge, and need OBD1 connector/adaptors. There are black adaptors needing the 12 volt connection, and Da5 cable. And red connectors needing the OBD1 adaptor to work with the standard DLC cable. Question is will the black ones work with the red OBD1 adaptor with my verus? Thankyou in advance!
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

For the most part they do. Sometimes with the red ones you don't have to use the external 12 volt power cord to them where with the black ones (Ford and GM) you can count on needing to use the external power cord every time. The ones I've tried so far for Hondas and such without the extra 12 volt jack work the same black or red. That's been my experience so far anyway. I haven't tried ALL the black ones yet.

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by sledfreek76
      I have a Verus Edge, and need OBD1 connector/adaptors. There are black adaptors needing the 12 volt connection, and Da5 cable. And red connectors needing the OBD1 adaptor to work with the standard DLC cable. Question is will the black ones work with the red OBD1 adaptor with my verus? Thankyou in advance!
      The main purpose of the RED adapters is they are higher current capable. This was required for the first Verus units that had built-in scanner hardware, and the DLC cable could charge the Verus battery. This is my understanding. You should not have an issue using either red or black adapters.
      Last edited by sbreland73; 04-03-2019, 05:53 AM.
      S. Breland

Comment

• sledfreek76
        • Jun 2012

Thankyou!!

Thankyou for your answers, it will help much in finding a set of used obd1 connectors.

Comment

• GypsyR
          • Jul 2017

You mean finding a set CHEAP. I can't say anything, that's why my very rarely used ones are the black versions.

Comment

Working...