Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antthecat
    • Apr 2014

Verus edge PID data colour

Hi, got to say I'm not overjoyed with 17.4.

Why is the PID text now blue, it's a lot harder to read in the field, on road test ect..... I have to concentrate on the text now to make sure I am reading correctly.

Also the spanner and expand arrows are gone, I can expand using the drop down menu but it just seems more clunky to me.

I believe it's because the Zeus is like this, could the verus graphing data like what was on 17.2 be brought back for the verus owners, keep the Zeus blue and funky but please make the verus PID data what it was.

I know it's not a huge thing to worry about but the graphing data was snap on's ace in the pack, now being harder to read as such just makes it slightly harder.

Many thanks.

Anthony
  • bestdamgarage
    • Apr 2016

Agreeded 110%

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Agreeded 110%
      Yes , Especially if you're still under water ... (making payments for it ) Think there might be something in settings of Windows 7 that you can select the color of text?

Comment

• Tech_A
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by antthecat
        Hi, got to say I'm not overjoyed with 17.4.

Why is the PID text now blue, it's a lot harder to read in the field, on road test ect..... I have to concentrate on the text now to make sure I am reading correctly.

Also the spanner and expand arrows are gone, I can expand using the drop down menu but it just seems more clunky to me.

I believe it's because the Zeus is like this, could the verus graphing data like what was on 17.2 be brought back for the verus owners, keep the Zeus blue and funky but please make the verus PID data what it was.

I know it's not a huge thing to worry about but the graphing data was snap on's ace in the pack, now being harder to read as such just makes it slightly harder.

Many thanks.

Anthony

I believe the text is locked in, but may be accessible through display theme settings. The graph trace and background can be changed in the scanner properties, i find a black background with a high contrast color (orange, green, yellow) is probably the most effective. Orange also works well with the white background and contrasts the blue accents. The display contrast can be adjusted through the OS.

For safety concerns i would not recommend looking at the scanner while driving. I would recommend recording the data and setting triggers for a second test drive. Another trick is to use the brake PID if available, you can tap the brake when the fault occurs as an indicator when a fault occurs in the buffer.

Comment

• antthecat
          • Apr 2014

Cheers for the advice on this. After using it quite a bit I have now just got used to it.

One other quirk, why are the data pids now in groups. Took me ages to try and navigate a Toyota Auris data, could we have a all data group so we can custom our own data list please.

Cheers

Ant.

Comment

• Wheel
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by antthecat
            Cheers for the advice on this. After using it quite a bit I have now just got used to it.

One other quirk, why are the data pids now in groups. Took me ages to try and navigate a Toyota Auris data, could we have a all data group so we can custom our own data list please.

Cheers

Ant.
            I second this. I don't mind data groups as long as I am not confined to them.
            We have asked for this repeatedly without success. To get away from them you have to use a competitor's scan tool.
            Be careful, Snap On, this could become a habit not in your favor.
            You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

I second this. I don't mind data groups as long as I am not confined to them.
              We have asked for this repeatedly without success. To get away from them you have to use a competitor's scan tool.
              Be careful, Snap On, this could become a habit not in your favor.
              I have a Maxi Cyst and you need to go through a at least a hundred different Pids to check the ones off you want for a custom list if you wish to view, so it takes some time to go through the long list and do. If you know the manufacturer's pids names alphabetically, may be a search of those PIDS alphabetically might be quicker to assemble the desired custom list, who knows?
              Last edited by Witsend; 11-08-2017, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• Wheel
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
                I have a Maxi Cyst and you need to go through a at least a hundred different Pids to check the ones off you want for a custom list if you wish to view, so it takes some time to go through the long list and do. If you know the manufacturer's pids names alphabetically, may be a search of those PIDS alphabetically might be quicker to assemble the desired custom list, who knows?
                At least you have a choice here and can think outside the box if you need to
                in order to assemble a list of pids addressing different and sometimes unusual needs in order to solve non - cookie cutter problems. Pre assembled data lists are ok and sometimes even useful AS LONG AS they DO NOT replace this ability.
                This is one of the main reasons I pick up my Autel first and leave the Snappy in the box, even if I would have preferred to use it instead.
                You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

At least you have a choice here and can think outside the box if you need to
                  in order to assemble a list of pids addressing different and sometimes unusual needs in order to solve non - cookie cutter problems. Pre assembled data lists are ok and sometimes even useful AS LONG AS they DO NOT replace this ability.
                  This is one of the main reasons I pick up my Autel first and leave the Snappy in the box, even if I would have preferred to use it instead.
                  Yesterday 01:49 PM
                  Wow. I didn't realize with Snappy that you can't just pour through the entire list of pids listed alphabetically and pick and choose what you want from pages of PIDS to make your own custom shortened list to view.
                  What I wish my Maxi Sys would do is record all the damn PIDs at once and then let me pick and chose from the laundry list afterwards which ones I would like to play back,and put in graph mode. Unfortunately, it will only record the PIDS displayed on the screen at the time you select record, but when you go to play back that one single screen page , the MaxiSys displays all the f@cking pages of PID names with blank values that you need to pour through to find the PIDS salt and peppered in that actually recorded between tons of blanks on multiple pages of BS . The Graph merge feature looks impressive , but only shows 3 Pids. Car has 4 wheel speed sensors and 4 oxygen sensors, so it could be way more useful showing 4 Pids. Maxi Sys MAF value typically displays in useless pounds per minute measurement instead of grams per second . You can't just play back recorded pids continuously in real time and you have to keep tapping an arrow or dragging the time dot to watch values change. There is No program like SSC program to save files to PC and make sense of recordings. I am constantly needing to be distracted from my driving to watch live PID data on screen because it is a PITA to make sense of what data actually recorded on the road test because you can't just sit and watch it all play back like you are sitting in the passenger seat watching all the PIDs just like someone else is driving.Software features don't seem completely developed and auto scan results can't aways be depended on to be saved to work History. Is it worth the $1500 I bought Maxi Sys Pro used ? Yeah if it don't crash shortly after my update period is over, and I can get several years out of it and hopefully a little success using the Jbox.

Comment

Working...