Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snowden
    • Oct 2013

Pass Thru Pro ll HELP !!!

Working on day two of banging my head on the wall and loosing money wasting time with this thing ! Tech Support stinks

2009 Jeep Wrangler - reflash
    Replaced Instrument Cluster

Used Pass thru last week on exact same vehicle...worked fine

Now it started programming and I get this

Loading Flash File
    Starting Flash of PCM ECM
    Starting Chrysler flash process
    Downloading logical block 1 of 2
    Erasing Logical block, please wait
    Downloading physical block 1 of 1 flash process failed - no response received from transfer data request

Any ideas ? Oh and now the vehicle does not start !
  • derktins
    • Oct 2012

Unplug the ABS module and try again. I have had tons of error messages on Chryslers while flashing, and after unplugging the ABS module everything worked fine.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

Don't want to sound like an idiot here but.. you can flash an instrument cluster in a Chrysler product ?

Comment

• derktins
        • Oct 2012

Haha, good point greasybob.

I didn't even see that the instrument cluster was replaced. I just saw that he was trying to flash the PCM.

That being the case, it is still likely the ABS module that is stopping the PCM from being flashed. Happens all the time. But that won't help the instrument cluster, obviously.

So, are you trying to flash the PCM or set up a new cluster?

If you are trying to set up a new cluster, it can't be done with J2534 that I am aware of. Gonna need a factory scanner I think.

If you are trying to flash the PCM, unplug the ABS module. But that wont help the cluster situation at all...

Comment

• Codo8872
          • Mar 2012

I have a Cardaq M and have performed many functions with it, awesome tool. When I first got it I tried updating an ECM in a 2011 Grand Cherokee. The flash failed part way through and I had to have someone with a WiTech come bail me out. From that one experience I don't think I will ever do another Chrysler product unless it's with an OE tool.

Comment

Working...