Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ttrain0331
    • Oct 2013

Chrysler PCM programming

I am new here and just wondering if any body has run into my problem before. 07 Pacifica , 4.OL FWD. Just wanted to update PCM. I have done many Chryslers before and not seen this problem or error message.
    I'm using the Pass Thru Pro II, never had any problems flashing many different makes of vehicles with this unit.
    The message I get after I choose the pass thru device, the software goes and looks for PCM number which it finds a different number then the actual PCM number! kind of strange? It goes thru and erases the PCM and is about to reprogram the with new uploaded file, and I get this message.
    "Physical block 1 of 1 flash, process failed, no response received of transfer data required"
    Has anyone run into this before, and is there a fix, cure for this. The vehicle drove in, now it will not start!
    Thanks!
    TE
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!" Wayne Gretzky NHL hall of famer
  • longhungsilver
    • Oct 2013

there is a post on the front page of the toolbox that says...
    "Can vehicles are experiencing issues during module updates, before downloading files make sure your java is up to date"

just a thought of something to check

also theres notes about random CAN vehicle failures. Sometimes disconnecting the ABS module and/or the BCM and retrying the flash might help.
    Last edited by longhungsilver; 10-31-2013, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• ttrain0331
      • Oct 2013

Hey, Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I did try to program by disconnecting BCM, ABS module... no avail. After breaking away from this panic mode, I went to lunch. After returning, I download all the Chrysler software and flash file for this vehicle on my new computer, which a touch screen windows 8! Now Chrysler says that windows XP ,7 . They say nothing about windows 8. I decided to try this. The funny part is that, the screen prompted me saying that there was no, get this, "Adobe Air" installed. So I downloaded the version it wanted, and started the programming sequence . I was waiting for the moment every time the programming failed and my error message appeared. It didn't! My blue progress bar started to fill, and fill, and fill. I was waiting for it to crash.. but it didn't and finally I received the "program complete" After which the vehicle started up and ran fine.
      Now I don't really know if the "adobe air" was the problem or perhaps my XP is faulty. Like the response said, make sure all the java, adobe or any other background software that is needed be checked. By the way, I program a lot of different makes, and I never had a problem with the Snap On Pass Thru Pro II. Any problems has been with PC software issues or the manufacturer's web site. Knock on wood. Thanks.
      "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!" Wayne Gretzky NHL hall of famer

Comment

• longhungsilver
        • Oct 2013

glad to hear alls well that ends well. That would be my next move as well to try a different laptop. I'm surprised it worked with Windows 8. good to know

Comment

• elzarra
          • Nov 2013

there is a company (auto computer exchange) that I often order chrysler/jeep/dodge PCM's for jeep grand cherokee with skim and oteher ones like RAM 2004 with skim also. I asked them to delete skim ant they send me a PCM with out skim, all I need to do is disconect the skim and leaved unpluged. car will star every time with skim disconected.

do you know how they do this?

thanks

Comment

Working...