Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
    I use it a decent amount when trying to get cars through an emissions inspection. The cool thing about the EONV cars is that if it runs successfully it will run every monitor. You do have to give it a sensible road test, but it works great when I need it.
    I've never seen anything published about it running all the monitors, but it sure acts that way when I use it.

Joe
    That's not a function of the Service Bay Test. The conditions required to run the test from cold start, then the idle portion followed by the drive portion facilitate the other monitors by happenstance.
    We're also told (and forced) to clear codes to initiate this bi-directional command. If there were other codes, or incomplete monitors (such as O2 codes), we usually concentrate on fixing those other issues before we address the EVAP system as we look upon them as more significant.
    This means the other monitors and systems are likely closer to optimum so they complete easily.
    I've seen what you have seen but I've also seen many times other monitors are still incomplete. As I said, it's not a function of the SBT.

Comment

Working...