Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MonzaRacer
    • May 2008

So dumb question I had asked of me,

A friend isnt real computer savy and was wondering if A verdict or Verus and passthru proIII would reflash a PCM?
    I havent done enough research yet as I am switching shops within company and between moving tools and getting used to drive and worrying about finish paying off my Verdict, I picked up off ebay and shop owner helped me buy after my Solus Ultra was stolen.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

A friend isnt real computer savy and was wondering if A verdict or Verus and passthru proIII would reflash a PCM?
    I havent done enough research yet as I am switching shops within company and between moving tools and getting used to drive and worrying about finish paying off my Verdict, I picked up off ebay and shop owner helped me buy after my Solus Ultra was stolen.
    I believe you should use a Decent laptop that has a superior processor and memory would be a safer choice than trying to do it from either a Verus or Verdict . I would hope the awesome new Verus Edge should though.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

As long as it meets the software requirement of the manufacturer you can do it. It is advisable to use a dedicated PC though. There is often some new Java driver or software program that needs downloading, so having a faster PC is a better bet than a Verus or Verdict.

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• MonzaRacer
        • May 2008

The gentleman I was talking to was merely asking if anyone HAD tried/done it.
        I also think a more dedicated computer would serve better.

Comment

• badcoupe
          • Jan 2011

I used my verus pro once while my laptop was down it struggled to do a gm but finally did get it done, I would not recommend it.

Comment

Working...