Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carguy94
    • Feb 2019

2014 Ford focus TCM

I have a 2014 Ford focus that has a intermittently failing TCM and I'm going to replace it with a new one but need to know if pass thru is capable of programing the new module. Sorry for my ignorance but I have never used pass thru and will be going to a budy of mine but want to be sure it can be done before buying the new TCM. Thanks for any and all help.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Seemed to me I had the dealer service department run the VIN # of a Ford Focus I had not too long ago and there was an open campaign to flash TCM and do something transmission related to prevent lubricant from screwing up the dual clutch

Comment

• BRIAN617
      • Dec 2016

Check your VIN with the dealer. There is an extended warranty coverage on the DCT TCM.

Comment

• Carguy94
        • Feb 2019

Thanks for the advice. The customer had the vehicle to a dealer and they told him that one of the clutch actuators had failed and was intermittently sticking. Plus it takes at least 2 hours in cold weather and stop and go driving to get it to duplicate the symptom. The car has code p287a and when it appears you can cycle the key then the TCM beings using clutch b as normal. So from everything I can see the dealer misdiagnosed the problem. They also reflashed the TCM.

Comment

• Glide
          • Jan 2015

It's more likely to be a failing clutch,especially since it has to be hot for the code to set.Also wiring issues near the bellhousing area are common if the clutch has been previously replaced by someone in too much of a hurry.I haven't seen any TCM failures with these trans.
          But you are there and I'm not.

No Start and/or Transmission Engagement Or Loss Of Power With DTCs U0100, U0101 and/or U1013
          These are the symptoms/codes the dealership tech would be looking for as per the recall.

Comment

• Carguy94
            • Feb 2019

Thanks for the response. My main concern with a clutch diagnosis is that if you shut the car off then back on everything works fine for a short period of time. Also when the code sets if I select reverse in my scan data it says gear selected is neutral. My understanding of code p287a is that if clutch b was stuck engaged that I would then loose clutch a function which is 1st 3rd and 5th because clutch a could not engage if clutch b is stuck engaged or it would bind the transmission.

When the code sets I only have 1st 3rd and 5th. What do you all think. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...