Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm43130
    • Apr 2008

2006 Lincoln Zephyr

Had To Install New Pcm For Bad Coil Driver, Flashed New Ecm And Did Pats Learn With 2 Keys. Starts And Runs Great. No Check Engine Light At All. After Customer Took, He Said Traction Light Was On And Cruise Control Would Not Activate. Customer Brought Back, I Pulled Code P1635, Tire Size Or Axle Ratio Not Programmed. I Performed New Module Installation And Pats Relearn, Would This Not Have Taken Care Of This? J2534 Device Or Snapon Scanner Can't Program This. Do I Aslo Need To Perform Programmable Module Installation Procedure On This Vehicle? Vin# 3lnhm26196r618568. I Thought New Moduel Installation Procedure Would Be Enough.
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

I had a 12 focus that came in with airbag issues sent the module out when it came I had stability warnings the codes said the acceleration sensors weren't calibrated, the verus nor the passthru were any help had to take it to the stealership, hopefully you get your issue worked out, Some basic functions for fords seem to be lacking with snap-on I feel. Were getting good coverage for gm but thats seems to be all.

Comment

• jm43130
      • Apr 2008

Well, Figured It Out. You Have To Install New Ecm As "programmable Module Installation" , Then Do A Parameter Reset To Do Pats Function And Finally Do Programmable Parameters Sequence Which Allows You To Select Tire And Gear Ratio, Whether It Has Cruise Control, Whether It Has Tcs, And Whether It Is Fwd Or Awd. I Tried Just New Module Installation And Pats Reset, It Started And Ran Okay, But Cruise Was Inop And Traction Lights Were On.

Comment

• ttrain0331
        • Oct 2013

06 Zephyr

I was just getting ready reply , when I saw you had solved your issue. I ran into kind of the same problem on a 06 F150, same issue as yours. Coil driver faulty. Replaced PCM, PATS relearn w/2 key etc.
        When its a new PCM and not just doing an update, All those features you mentioned has to be reprogrammed. Its a real nice feature that FORD puts in .
        Glad everything worked out.
        TE
        "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!" Wayne Gretzky NHL hall of famer

Comment

Working...