X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

16.4 Bug Report

Well someone had to be first. 2 problems noted today. Verus Edge 16.4

1st, the 2015 Suburban I was working on from a body shop When driving the vehicle I noticed a warning in the message center "Service Driver Assist " I figured had to be one of the collision avoidance modules with a problem. When I did the all module scan no codes were noted, so I did an all code clear and drove the vehicle again. Same message, so I started looking at each module individually. In the Front Camera Module were a bunch of communication history codes not seen in the all module scan. So I cleared the codes, drove vehicle again and all is good.

2nd, working on an 03 Cadillac DeVille I kept having problems exiting the screens. Either there would be no Exit or Return tab (see screen shot below) or they would appear and not function although the screen would indicate contact with the stylus. I kept having to close out the vehicle to exit the screen then re-enter. Finally I shut down the diagnostic suite and restarted and all seemed fine again.
    Attached Files
  • dodge90
    • Oct 2014

Funny I just did the update and I had problems not exiting the screens also, thought it was just me, rebooted problem gone . Have to see next time I use it
    I've tried and tried, but can't seem to fix stupid!

Comment

• fixitman
      • May 2015

I just got 16.4 for my Verus Edge yesterday, installed on the truck. I've had communication issues with every vehicle I've used it on today. I'm presently trying to communicate with a 1996 mustang that I was able to communicate with earlier today, and it won't communicate now. It appears that the Verus can see the scanner module, but can't communicate with it.

I've already tried a reboot, and then re-paired the scanner module via USB. I'm going to take everything home for the weekend, and do a backup and factory restore. If that doesn't work, I'll be calling support on Monday.

EDIT:
      The factory restore seemed to help, but I've found that I can't communicate with any BMW group vehicles. I've had a couple glitches with Ford and Mopar, no issues at all with GM. Also-it seems to be trying to auto-ID everything before I even tap "Scanner". If that's a new feature, it's a stupid one.
      Last edited by fixitman; 11-01-2016, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• chopperb
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by greasybob
        Well someone had to be first. 2 problems noted today. Verus Edge 16.4

1st, the 2015 Suburban I was working on from a body shop When driving the vehicle I noticed a warning in the message center "Service Driver Assist " I figured had to be one of the collision avoidance modules with a problem. When I did the all module scan no codes were noted, so I did an all code clear and drove the vehicle again. Same message, so I started looking at each module individually. In the Front Camera Module were a bunch of communication history codes not seen in the all module scan. So I cleared the codes, drove vehicle again and all is good.

2nd, working on an 03 Cadillac DeVille I kept having problems exiting the screens. Either there would be no Exit or Return tab (see screen shot below) or they would appear and not function although the screen would indicate contact with the stylus. I kept having to close out the vehicle to exit the screen then re-enter. Finally I shut down the diagnostic suite and restarted and all seemed fine again.
        Having the same problem on my verus edge. Hopefully they release a fix for this soon.

Comment

• dbarnes5654
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by fixitman
          I just got 16.4 for my Verus Edge yesterday, installed on the truck. I've had communication issues with every vehicle I've used it on today. I'm presently trying to communicate with a 1996 mustang that I was able to communicate with earlier today, and it won't communicate now. It appears that the Verus can see the scanner module, but can't communicate with it.

I've already tried a reboot, and then re-paired the scanner module via USB. I'm going to take everything home for the weekend, and do a backup and factory restore. If that doesn't work, I'll be calling support on Monday.

EDIT:
          The factory restore seemed to help, but I've found that I can't communicate with any BMW group vehicles. I've had a couple glitches with Ford and Mopar, no issues at all with GM. Also-it seems to be trying to auto-ID everything before I even tap "Scanner". If that's a new feature, it's a stupid one.
          My verdict won't communicate with Fords after updating to 16.4. I have tried the factory reset and it didn't fix the problem. I have had no problems with GM.There was an update but it didn't make any difference.

I now seem to have a problem staying connected to the network. Never really had a problem with 16.2 or earlier updates.
          Last edited by dbarnes5654; 11-03-2016, 08:51 AM. Reason: adding comment.

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

I've been seeing this pop up from time to time. it seems to happen when switching vehicles after the Verus Edge has been sitting a while. I have to close the diagnostic suite to successfully enter a new vehicle at times
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...