Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

Sure enough, I checked out the link you posted and typed in my VIN. No GPCM in the list, just like I experienced when in SPS. I'm thinking GPCM doesn't need flashed, just injector cal codes transferred from ECM. I'll transfer cal codes and report back. Thank you for all the help/effort so far.

Comment

• diesel71
      • Feb 2008

you should copy the injector cal codes anyway. you have all 8 original wrote down or saved so you know what they are. once they are transferred you should get rid of the p160c code. the other codes are for bad glow plugs or wires to the glow plugs.

Comment

• Matt
        • Dec 2008

Here's the conclusion I came to. 2009 Chevrolet 3500 Cab and Chassis 6.6L duramax glow plug control module does not require software after install. It does require you to transfer injector cal codes with a scan tool. The P160c was eliminated after cal codes were transferred. Thank you greasy and diesel for all your help. I am happy to have the correct PassThruPro3 drivers installed on my lap top and GM SPS website navigation experience. I feel more prepared for the next failed module to enter my shop.

Comment

Working...