Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TurboJim
    • Jan 2007

Chrysler Auto-ID

Anyone else notice on Chrysler auto-ID's are grabbing the wrong vin character for auto ID? I believe I have not successfully ID'd since v12.xx. Its like its counting from the right, instead of counting from the left. Whatever the 10th character from the RIGHT is, gets used for the year, instead of from the LEFT. Not isolated to any year. Seems to be a coding problem. Anyone else seeing this?
    Last edited by TurboJim; 07-04-2012, 07:13 AM.
    Jim Testa
    Senior Technician
    JD Automotive & Truck Inc
    Dover, NJ
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Jim

I have not had this problem on any of my Platforms, when you get another Chrysler vehicle in with this issue could you please repost with Year, Make, Model, Engine size and Vin#. Also add in the post what the tool is IDing the vehicle as. This will help the developers solve the problem.
    THANKS!
    Steve

Comment

• sandt38
      • May 2012

I have seen this as well. I can't say in every case, but it seems to have been happening randomly. I'll pay some more attention to it over the next few days.

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Thanks Seth, and if you find a problem PLEASE post it and Please include all the info I asked Jim for

Steve

Comment

• sandt38
          • May 2012

I remember 1 vehicle for sure, as it was a friend's Jeep. Another I am pretty sure I recall it being on, but I am not certain. I will include the Jeep's info tomorrow.

Comment

• sandt38
            • May 2012

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4.0l

1j4ff48s2yl136642.

I input Chryslers manually and go with the auto ID to ensure that the right brain is in the car. It came back telling me that the year model ID I input was incorrect. It asked me to load a 10th VIN of S.

I will head up to her work maybe today and see what it is auto input as without doing a manual entry.

Comment

Working...