Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 907DAVE
    • Jun 2012

Recorded Scope Files?

I'm looking to transfer files to my PC and the ".vsm" does not seem to be supported by any application.

Any way to convert this to a usable format?
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Install Shop Stream on your PC, then move your files over and open them through Shop Stream. Maybe some one else can elaborate some more on the technical details.
    Last edited by greasybob; 06-12-2012, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• sandt38
      • May 2012

Funny you would ask, I just set it up today. My local Snappy tech guy came over today to see if I wanted anything more from my tool that I hadn't figured out.

Scroll down to the bottom portion and you will find the shopstream download. It is free as long as you have a SnapOn platform tool. Have your tool handy as they will ask for your model, software bundle, and your serial number.

Once you have it loaded you can move and store info to your computer. Save known good drive cycle pids on common vehicles in your shop, and always follow the same test drive, and label them appropriately. Then if you have an issue you can take a test drive in the problem car, load it, run it next to a known good drive cycle, and look for discrepancies.

I am just getting ready to move some info to my laptop (I carry this laptop everywhere with me, at work, home, sidework, vacation) and start playing with some of my known bad scope patterns, and the repaired patterns just for a goof.

Comment

• Orevin
        • Aug 2010

VSM files recorded with bundle 12.2 are currently not supported by SSC. Older VSM files should open, but there is no file association created for Windows. You have to open SSC and then navigate to folder that contains the scope data file.
        -Kai-
        Chicago, IL

Comment

• sandt38
          • May 2012

Originally posted by Orevin
          VSM files recorded with bundle 12.2 are currently not supported by SSC. Older VSM files should open, but there is no file association created for Windows. You have to open SSC and then navigate to folder that contains the scope data file.

That would explain why I haven't been able to open anything for the past 45 minutes

Comment

• 7tronics
            • May 2023

Reopening this discussion

See this post requesting more info on VSM file format so we can use other tools than just SSC.

Comment

Working...