Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandt38
    • May 2012

Issue with 2002 Jetta then subsequent vehicles

Just wanted to mention a glitch I ran into yesterday. It is on a wireless Verus, loaded, with 12.2. The unit is 3-4 weeks old. I never use it for anything but diagnosis (no internet use aside from IATN which is my homepage) The only programs added or changes I made were to get Firefox for my browser, and set my homepage as IATN, and I added Avast anti-virus. I also changed my desktop image to another Verus desktop already on the computer, so it is very close to a virgin unit.

I had a 2002 New Jetta 1.8MPI Turbo AWP in here near the end of the day yesterday. I was replacing and coding a comfort module. I decided to use expert mode, and could not get it to communicate with the vehicle at all. Interestingly, when I went into expert after inputting the VIN and seeing the vehicle, my lower bar showed "No Vehicle Selected". It locked up trying to communicate so I had to shut down the diagnostic suite and restart it again. Unfortunately I lost my vehicle information, including the VIN, so I don't have it handy. If the VIN is imperative, I can get with the guy who owns the car as he is a friend, and get it from him. SO I went into standard mode and inputted the minimal info and everything showed up. But my communication was really slow. I was able to perform my coding.

FWIW the comfort module was stone dead and not communicating at all. The new module communicated fine, but I did not go back into expert mode with the problems I had.

After doing this I had to run out and help a friend. He was working on a 1997 T Blazer with a transmission issue. My Verus kept locking up. I exited the Diagnostic Suite, restarted it and got communication back. I then went to Shopkey and pulled up a diagram, then went back into the tranny computer and it locked up again. After exiting completely again I was able to scan the computer and get info. I went out to my multimeter and tried popping back into the tranny computer and it froze again. Every time I looked elsewhere I locked up when I went back to look at codes or data. After a total restart of Windows, everything seems fine.
Working...