Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • str53
    • Dec 2009

Zeus

Just got mine yesterday, haven't had time to really get into it, If you want to take advantage of all of the improvements, you will definitely need Wi-Fi or a hotspot to take advantage of the links to sure track or intelligent diagnostics. It comes with 17.4, 3yr warranty, 3yr updates, that alone is worth a lot of $$$$$

Comment

• timstech
      • Dec 2010

This has been in beta testing for over a year now,bugs all worked out hopefully I have seen this tool it is a little quicker on the uptake than my Edge. My big question is this "live data" where and how is it compiled,what sources are they all proven results
      Not sold yet

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

If you work mainly on cars that are 3 years or older, and the present software , is good for everything up to 2017 without a lot of holes , and no major make of car software is in the Proverbial Sh@tter waiting for update repairs, you really could get by with the just the one year of updates and opt to just replace the damn Hong Won Quin or SingUrPoor assembled thing 4 years down the road. Be nice if you could use it for 2 years with the 17.4 then activate the 3 years of updates

Comment

• Wheel
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by str53
          Just got mine yesterday, haven't had time to really get into it, If you want to take advantage of all of the improvements, you will definitely need Wi-Fi or a hotspot to take advantage of the links to sure track or intelligent diagnostics. It comes with 17.4, 3yr warranty, 3yr updates, that alone is worth a lot of $$$$$
          Does it still have troubleshooter ON the tool, or has that gone the internet route also?
          You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• timstech
            • Dec 2010

Yes all the same desktop functions are there,the background has changed to a grey screen with black highlighted icons, still win7

Comment

• str53
              • Dec 2009

Zeus

Trouble shooter is still there, still uses Microsoft security. Loads a little faster, when you click on a code and your on the internet everything related to that code comes up

Comment

• Tech_A
                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by timstech
                This has been in beta testing for over a year now,bugs all worked out hopefully I have seen this tool it is a little quicker on the uptake than my Edge. My big question is this "live data" where and how is it compiled,what sources are they all proven results
                Not sold yet
                What specifically about live data? If you are referring to live data PID's, they have been enhanced to accommodate for the related trouble code, preset triggers and preset data list. Similar to how guided component tests are preset, but for scanner data.

Comment

• timstech
                  • Dec 2010

In all fairness to this tool I need to spend more time with it. The enhanced pids and preset triggers are derived by what or who and by what means,historical pattern failures or google or some higher power. If a failure falls outside of said
                  PIDS or presets as most do,how would I know,am I missing something

Comment

• Wheel
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by timstech
                    In all fairness to this tool I need to spend more time with it. The enhanced pids and preset triggers are derived by what or who and by what means,historical pattern failures or google or some higher power. If a failure falls outside of said
                    PIDS or presets as most do,how would I know,am I missing something
                    Hopefully some flexibility has been or soon will be built in.
                    I hope you're not stuck with what they give you.What works fine for one will not necessarily work for another requiring flexibility.

That's why I have such a hatred of the preassembled data groups and would rather assemble my own. Some of Snap On's competition is a lot better about this making them the first grab in certain situations as opposed to the Snap On.

Hopefully this new software takes you to the corresponding area of troubleshooter pertaining to the code set. If not, this should be a priority. By not linking this long ago it shows to me how they greatly underestimate the value of the on board troubleshooter.
                    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

Does it still have troubleshooter ON the tool, or has that gone the internet route also?
                      I'm thinking The Sure Trak troubleshooter and guided diagnostic end of the software is now going to being mainly internet accessed and be dependent on having a current update. Why do you think Snappy has been removing update support for all their older platforms that either don't have WIFI or limited marginal hardware to deal with multitasking and be able to pull the information off the site you are trying to pull information without it bogging down,freezing, or getting punted off the web site because the web page timed out.I predict the Verdict , Solus/ Modis Ultra are next to loose update support, and what remains of the built in trouble shooter will then be internet accessed
                      Once your current update period is expired, no more Fast Trak or Sure Trak Trouble shooter that was once built in. It just kinda turn thing into a short legged pooch, somewhat more reliable than a Maxi Dasch , maybe a Mega Basset? You'll have to buy tokens to display time of day.
                      Last edited by Witsend; 08-28-2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• timstech
                        • Dec 2010

Wheel, very well said

Comment

• Wheel
                          • Jul 2007

Ultimately the big question still is:
                          What will the Zeus do that the Verus Edge can't now and in the future?
                          Is the superiority of the Zeus (if any) due to hardware or software (17.2 vs 17.4)
                          or both? In short, how is the Zeus actually any better? And will simply installing the 17.4 software - when available - on the Edge negate most or all of the advantages? What is the incentive to upgrade? This question is primarily directed
                          to Snap On, but anyone familiar with both machines could shed some light on the subject. Hardware and software details both appreciated.

This is the type of information any potential purchaser of either machine would want and need before deciding the best fit for his needs. Now that everyone knows about it anyway, I wish Snap on would be more generous with answers to these questions. Thanks.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Wheel
                            Ultimately the big question still is:
                            What will the Zeus do that the Verus Edge can't now and in the future?
                            Is the superiority of the Zeus (if any) due to hardware or software (17.2 vs 17.4)
                            or both? In short, how is the Zeus actually any better? And will simply installing the 17.4 software - when available - on the Edge negate most or all of the advantages? What is the incentive to upgrade? This question is primarily directed
                            to Snap On, but anyone familiar with both machines could shed some light on the subject. Hardware and software details both appreciated.

This is the type of information any potential purchaser of either machine would want and need before deciding the best fit for his needs. Now that everyone knows about it anyway, I wish Snap on would be more generous with answers to these questions. Thanks.
                            How is this better you ask???

It's new and shiney, Just buy it...

Comment

• Witsend
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

My Guess is a year ago some Chinese company took a 2000 unit production order for Custom built Windows Tablets that were supposed to be a Verus Edge, but were manufactured slightly different from surplus parts from Maxi Flatulites and had to get them shipped to Malaysia to get the revised Snappy front bezzles next day air from Singapore and 17.4 ahead of the other scanners.

Comment

• Wheel
                                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
                                How is this better you ask???

It's new and shiney, Just buy it...
                                It's probably called Zeus because the price will be shocking

Comment

Working...