Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIESEL-WORX
    • Feb 2015

Verdict, Verus, or Something else?

I believe I posted this in the wrong place the first time, sorry.

My brother and I are planning to open a small diesel repair shop, he has been a Ford certified diesel technician for 8 years, and I have been for 3 years. We are deciding on the first scanner to purchase, we are very familiar with the IDS, and have never used a snap-on scan tool long enough to form an honest opinion of them. We work on primarily Powerstroke, but we do have a large fleet clientele and several of the companys also have Dodge and Chevy vehicles. We'd like to start out with a scan tool that can handle all the big brands. We just got a Verdict from our snap-on rep to demo for a few days, I haven't had much time to play with it yet.

I understand I will not be able to install module updates with the Verdict or Verus, but will I be able to do a PMI? For instance when you replace a 6.0 Ficm suck the information out and put it in the new Ficm? Will either scanner be able to make IQA code changes for 6.7 injectors?

When talking Verus .vs Verdict, is the Verus faster when processing applications? I've noticed loading web pages and applications on the verdict seems fairly slow in relation to a laptop.

I haven't been able to find the average price of these scanners online. The price we were given for the Verdict D7 was $4,300 after a snap-on rebate, is that a fair price for the Verdict? I'm planning on requesting a price on the Verus Pro this afternoon.
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

I had a early verdict and was very unsatisfied with it, have a verus pro now and it does fine. You can run ids etc on it as well but it does bog things down a bit. I still use a laptop and ptp for tech2win, gds2, and reflashing. I could use the verus but if i have a problem it's easier to have fix laptop problems than have to send my scanner out. Plus a decent windows 7 laptop can be had secondhand for $100 or less if you check around. If you don't have to have a pc based laptop and not sure how much you'll use the labscope, then the lower scanners all do the same. Coverage is the same as long as it's up to date. Just another way of looking at it.

Comment

Working...