Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

03 montero sport ABS

Abs doesn't communicate no abs light on, has false activation at stop. I assume from previous exp that one of the sensors is dropping out, they all test good resistance and make decent waveform. Any good way to figure out which one is bad with no datastream? I'm wondering if the communication issue is on snap-on's end? I checked all the communication lines out and all seems well plus not having a warning light leads me to believe it's on the scanner side.
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

ABS problem

Hello there.

Although I have not specifically worked on that vehicle I would suggest to monitor the WSS signals on all 4 wheels with the 4 channel lab scope at pins 1, 3, 18 and 20 at the ABS computer. (pin numbers from alldata diagram). Look for a sensor which has a lower amplitude while driving in a straight line especially at lower speeds. Possibly a wider air gap. Another thing that can aggravate the condition are different sized tires or worn tires that don't match.

HTH

Comment

• phill57
      • Oct 2007

ABS

Alldata mentions that the system will output flash codes by grounding pin 1 of the DLC and counting ABS lamp flashes. (two digit codes). It doesn't mention the scanner ability to view live data though.

Comment

• badcoupe
        • Jan 2011

Thanks!

Comment

• badcoupe
          • Jan 2011

Update, I borrowed a maximus from my matco man, it scanned the abs just fine. It called for the Y cable, SO doesn't, I have the Y cable but apparently you need another obd2 connector to complete the setup?

Comment

Working...