Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mvprichmond
    • Jun 2015

Chrysler reflash issues

I have had 2 diff 2004 Pt Cruisers for reflash on a rebuilt Pcm.

2004 pt 2.4 liter. Dealer pcm (rebuilt) Part # on pcm stated it fit a 2004 pt 2.0 liter. I went to tech tools and used the Vin # to see the correct calibration for a 2.4 liter and downloaded it to my drb 3 emulator and into the pod. I launched the drb 3 and it looked to find the actual software # installed in the rebuilt pcm. There was no current software updates. So i could not update the pcm with the correct 2.4 liter software. It did crank and run after I reset vin, skim and milage.
    1st. question, is their a way to download what software I want installed and not for it to look on its own by the current software in the pcm? Why do you even look it up if the program is going to find current # and see if it has any updates?
    I told the shop to request a different pcm # that had the 2.4 liter software in it and then i could update if needed.

#2 2005 pt cruiser 2.4 liter turbo, A1 cardone rebuilt pcm. Part # on this one was for a normal 2.4 and not a turbo. I could not reflash to a turbo charged updated software. Again using tech tools and drb 3 emualtor. The program looks for updates based on pcm # even if you download what you want into the pod. The pt would barely run and could not be driven.

I told the second shop to get a pcm with the 2.4 l turbo #'s . The next day I returned and reflashed the replacement pcm and reset skim,vin and milage. It all worked perfectly with the correct pcm # to start with.

So again, Why do you look up the software and download into the pod thru techtools and then the reflash program looks itself for any updates and chooses for you. I know that tsb and other info is there with it.
    How do I work around this?
    Thanks
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

My experience with the PTP2 is that it askes me for the PCM or TCM part number. Once I put that, it will give me a few options and I have to find which one corresponds to my PCM/TCM. Once that's done, I launch the program and do the whole dance while flashing. You can reflash it over and over. This was like a year ago, not sure how to do it with DBR3. My experience.

Comment

• diesel71
      • Feb 2008

you said the drb emulator, are you using the actual drb 3 tool or using the wi-tech with the drb emulator? If you are using wi-tech with the emulator that will give issues every time. the emulator will only work on certain pcm"s and is known to have reflashing hiccups. if you are using the factory tool=drb3 it should work fine. when you look it up then pick what calibration you want the program uses the base calibration number to find the same base calibration number then any prefixed/updated calibration number so you don't or cant flash a old calibration into the ecm/pcm. that's just how they do it. I know it don't help but to the best of my knowledge there is no way around flashing Chrysler's with a calibration of your choice using there software.

Comment

• mvprichmond
        • Jun 2015

Your are correct I am using the Witech with the emulator. For now I am just making sure the shops I go to have the correct pcm # to start with. I wish the emulator would let me choose by vin # and make that download the one I want and not by the current part #. That is asssuming the pcm is a different # that what was actually needed.
        Thank you for your information.

Comment

• Robin
          • Oct 2014

A-1 Cardone Chrysler engine control modules come pre-programmed. You just need to write the vin and sometimes mileage with your scan tool after you install it.
          I am not sure exactly how it is done, but I have replaced 3 in the last two months and all have worked.

Comment

Working...