Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leearchibald
    • Jul 2019

Help

So yesterday I went on the gm website and bought a sps credit and a 3 day tech2win credit. I can install tech2win but when I go to download the software it says the pass thru is not connected and to check the cable. It is connected and shows up connected in devices. Any help would be great i wanna get this car done
  • Glide
    • Jan 2015

More info would help,what vehicle,etc.Tech2win is just for diagnostics(replaces Tech2) If you are trying to flash a module only SPS is used.It sounds like you are trying to use both at the same time,correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

• Leearchibald
      • Jul 2019

Sorry. It's a 09 pontiac g8 gt. Trying to reprogram keys and theft deterrent module. I thought I needed tech2win in order to use my pass thru pro 3. Then I thought I needed sps to program the module.

Comment

• Glide
        • Jan 2015

No you don't need Tech2win,just SPS with your PTP3 and a windows 7pro or 10pro PC.

Comment

• Leearchibald
          • Jul 2019

So your telling me I didnt need to purchase the tech2win to use my the sps i purchased? Can you please help explain to me how to use the sps I purchased cause man am I lost

Comment

• Glide
            • Jan 2015

I take that you have never used your PTP3.
            Log in to your ACDelco account.Choose add VIN(in SPS),there should be one available.
            Connect your PTP3 to the car and to your PC/laptop.
            Several messages may show up,scroll down and agree/OK
            If your PC is set up properly, after getting past these messages you will be at SPS front page you will see some choices,choose Service Programming System.
            Some things will now load,native libraries for sure,you may be prompted to load java,if so click OK.After that you will choose your interface,choose PTP3.If you don't have the proper drivers loaded in your PC it won't show up.I use MDI,MVCI,and Tech2 for programming,have never used PTP3,so I can't help with that.

Comment

• Leearchibald
              • Jul 2019

I did get to the point with the sps to where it said to hook to car and turn the key on. But then I got a error msg. I assume this was because i wasnt using windows pro? I know the driver was installed cause the pass thru shows up in the drivers. I even tried the drewtech driver.

Comment

• Glide
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Leearchibald
                I got a error msg. I assume this was because i wasnt using windows pro? .
                Could be, Pro is listed as a requirement,so I've never tried any other windows OS.I know for sure that android and Linux won't work.
                It could also be your firewall or java blocking it.

Also,make sure that the usb cord between PC and PTP3 is good.

Comment

• Leearchibald
                  • Jul 2019

Man you are awesome. One more quick question tho. Since I dont need the tech2win which is going to expire on Tuesday. I bought 24 month pass of sps. So I can try anytime again right?

Comment

• Glide
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Leearchibald
                    Man you are awesome. One more quick question tho. Since I dont need the tech2win which is going to expire on Tuesday. I bought 24 month pass of sps. So I can try anytime again right?
                    Yes.That will give you time to figure it out.Tech2Win has nothing to do with programming,it is a Tech2 emulator.

Comment

• Leearchibald
                      • Jul 2019

Thanks alot man. If I have any problems or questions next time I try can I message you?

Comment

• Glide
                        • Jan 2015

It'd be better to keep it in this thread,might help someone else.

Comment

• Leearchibald
                          • Jul 2019

Ok will do

Comment

Working...