X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Modis500
    • Sep 2012

Emailing data files to personal email/customers

Good morning users,

I'm running a Verus Pro 19.2. This is the first wireless tool I have owned of many Snap On scanners, also the first that I have the option to email files straight from the scanner instead of saving them on a flash drive and adding to a laptop, etc. I have a customer that wants the saved scanner movies sent to him so he can send in for a parts warranty. When I try to email the chosen files, it says I must have an email account setup. The only place I can find to set an email account address is in the System Settings: Shop Information. Adding my email to this line did nothing to help out while trying to email these movies. Any help to set this up will be greatly appreciated.

Have a good day,

Tom
    "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
    Zig Ziglar
  • tech25
    • Oct 2017

you must have a email manager program installed on your scan tool, like outlook, that manages your email.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

you must have a email manager program installed on your scan tool, like outlook, that manages your email.
      I would hope a Flagship $10K scantool with WIFI would have that already built in to the system without having to Pay Micro Shaft to download an extra cost program just to e-mail scan reports out to customers.I would call Tech Support before downloading anything redundant.On some scan tools (Android based)you first need to go to system settings, accounts & sync to set up an email address. After a scan, save the report, then after successfully saved , you click the print symbol and then you see the option to either email or print the report
      Last edited by Witsend; 05-29-2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Modis500
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by tech25

I'll install that today. Once I do, will Diagnostic Suite recognize it right away or will there be additional steps once it is downloaded?
        Thanks for the input.

Tom
        Zig Ziglar

Comment

• tech25
          • Oct 2017

if you are using shopstream to save files and movies, and emailing then yes, what i did was download Microsoft office, ( i use 2007, check around, maybe you can find a good deal on one. wink )

set up your email with outlook, dont have outlook open, then when you click to email a file, outlook will automatically open up and you can email with the outlook window that pops up.

at least it should work that way...

Comment

• phill57
            • Oct 2007

emailing files from the Edge

I would suggest that you simply use the web based email client that your email provider will likely have available to you. Browse to your email provider using chrome and log into their webmail. Create a new mail to your client then simply attach the file/s you want to send. They will not be able to open them unless they have shopstream software on their laptop. The only files created by the snapon software that can be viewed by most windows based computers will be the screen captures since they are saved in jpeg format. I have installed a mail client software on my verus. I used Thunderbird but their are many. I would not recommend to install Microsoft Office Suite since it will eat up too much of the already limited resources. If you use Gmail. Just open Chrome, click on Gmail, log in the first time and allow Chrome to save the password so you wont have to enter it next time. click compose and enter the persons email, message and then click the paperclip to add the file you want to send.

It would be really nice if there was a selection on the invoice screen that would allow the invoice, remarks and code scan list to be emailed instead of printed. The only way I have found to do this is to print to a pdf (but you would have to install that) or print to Microsoft XPS Document Writer which should come up automatically as a printer selection. and then attach the saved file. The recipient will need an XPS viewer which used to be part of windows 7 suite but I see my Windows 10 does not have it by default.

I can post a video on youtube if you like.

HTH

Comment

• Modis500
              • Sep 2012

Phil,

Thanks for this. I never thought about just opening it through Chrome and then downloading the movies from the saved files. I'll do this on the next time I need to email something out.

Tom
              Zig Ziglar

Comment

• MasterYota47
                • May 2019

Originally posted by Modis500
                Phil,

Thanks for this. I never thought about just opening it through Chrome and then downloading the movies from the saved files. I'll do this on the next time I need to email something out.

Tom
                I do this as well on my Zues. I thought it was a bit odd it didn't come with outlook but I just use Gmail from the chrome browser. Dumb dumb dumb

Comment

Working...