Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glide
    • Jan 2015

Verus pulls a code that doesn't exist

2017 Sonata 2.4 litre comes in, flashing check engine light and in limp mode.I know what code I will see.Plugged in my brand new Verus Edge 19.2and scanned,it pulls P2600 and no fix info as that code doesn't exist for this vehicle.
    Plugged in GDS mobile and it pulls the code that I expected,P032600 knock sensor 1 circiut range/performance . P0326 is the code, 00 is the symptom.No idea where the Verus got P2600 out of that.
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

Interesting! I wonder if the Verus read the correct code in the generic ODB interface.

Comment

• Glide
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by GypsyR
      Interesting! I wonder if the Verus read the correct code in the generic ODB interface.
      Dunno,I didn't have the spare time to dick around and have the luxury to have several scan tools.
      As the description on the Verus was"undocumented code" I would say that Snapon hasn't documented it yet.

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

I see "undocumented code" from time to time on a Zeus. It amuses me when often as not I can go into "troubleshooting" for that module and not only is there documentation for the code, there will be some on-point help on dealing with it.

Another time I scanned a car and got two undocumented codes. Rescanned it thirty minutes later and then it decided it DID in fact recognize those two codes. I was busy at the time and couldn't dig into it.

Comment

• gfuchikami
          • May 2008

Originally posted by Glide
          2017 Sonata 2.4 litre comes in, flashing check engine light and in limp mode.I know what code I will see.Plugged in my brand new Verus Edge 19.2and scanned,it pulls P2600 and no fix info as that code doesn't exist for this vehicle.
          Plugged in GDS mobile and it pulls the code that I expected,P032600 knock sensor 1 circiut range/performance . P0326 is the code, 00 is the symptom.No idea where the Verus got P2600 out of that.
          Interesting that the BlueDriver website says that the P2600 DTC for this Sonata means "Coolant Pump "A" Circuit/Open"

Comment

• Glide
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by gfuchikami
            Interesting that the BlueDriver website says that the P2600 DTC for this Sonata means "Coolant Pump "A" Circuit/Open"
            Sonatas don't have electric coolant pumps unless they are Hybrids(BlueDrive).This vehicles isn't a Hybrid.

Comment

• Glide
              • Jan 2015

The issue is now fixed.I don't know with which release but with 21.2 it works.Comes up as P1326,which is now what shows with GDS.
              It would also be nice to see the associated PIDs as well.See attachment.
              Edit: Just to explain why this code and PIDs were added,it's all about diagnosing faulty rod bearings/knock sensor/wire harness on Theta II engines since Hyundai repurposed the knock sensor to also hear failing connecting rod bearings.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Glide; 07-16-2021, 04:52 PM. Reason: to add info

Comment

Working...